-25-

Song: "Blush (Only You)" by Plumb

⚠️Content warning⚠️: another sex scene in this chapter. I'm sorry but all of them are important to the story😭😂

New story announcement at the end of the chapter!

**

Heather packed a pink overnight suitcase. She looked at herself in the mirror at every angle. She wore a red, mid-length dress with ribbons as shoulder straps and a slit down the left side. Heather saw the dress while shopping for Valentine's Day things the other day and bought it because she felt confident in it. She held Alejandro's gift in a small red bag. Heather took one step toward the door and stopped in her tracks. Should I show him my dress before I come over? Just in case he doesn't like it? Anxiety bubbled up in her stomach. She hadn't worn anything like this around Alejandro yet, and she knew they were going out in public.

Using her reflection in the mirror, Heather took a picture of the entire dress. She hesitated before sending it to Alejandro with the caption: How does this look for a night like this? Oh my god, maybe I shouldn't have done that, she thought. He's gonna think I'm stupid for asking him that. Of course I shouldn't be wearing this! It's ridiculous! It's revealing! It's—

Heather's phone buzzed with Alejandro's reply: I think you look breathtaking, as always, but are YOU comfortable in it?

Heather furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. She read his text over and over again. The nausea building in her stomach dissipated, and she struggled to come up with a response. Heather didn't plan for this. She planned for him to point out something that he didn't like or lecture her about what to wear in public. Heather bit her lip as she texted back: Yeah, I love this dress, but is it appropriate for going out in public? She watched her phone with anticipation.

Alejandro: What do you mean? Is it about the weather? It is a bit cold outside, but you can wear a coat until we get inside, no?

Heather: No, it's not that. I meant is it too revealing?

Alejandro: Heather, all that matters is that you are comfortable. Nobody else's opinion on that dress means a thing. You look so beautiful in red♥️

Heather blushed. She smiled as she text back: Thank you. I'll be there in a few.

Alejandro: I can't wait😘

Heather found herself giggling like a shy schoolgirl. She put her phone down and spun around in front of the mirror, checking out her hair. A red sequined butterfly clip held her dark locks up in a twisted bun.

Before leaving, Heather retrieved her dark red lipstick from the bottom of her bra drawer in her dresser. She hid it there because she told Chandler she had gotten rid of it in the past. Chandler never liked Heather's red lipstick. He thought it was "too sexy," so he yelled at her to throw it away. Heather refused to because she had spent a lot on it.

Heather applied the lipstick. Alejandro likes me in red. He thinks I'm beautiful when I feel confident. She walked downstairs with butterflies in her stomach. For once, she was excited to show her boyfriend her outfit.

"Where are you going this time?" Heather's mother asked with an exasperated sigh.

"I'm going out with my boyfriend," Heather answered, grabbing her little black purse from the hangers near the front door.

"Your—WHAT?"

"I said, I'm going out with my boyfriend, mom."

"Since when did you get another boyfriend?! You just broke up with Chandler!" Her mom snapped.