-9-

Song: "You Ruin Me" by The Veronicas

**

"So, do you have time tomorrow or what?" Heather asked Alejandro after Spanish class ended.

"Whoa, Chica. Is that any way to ask your tutor for the next lesson?" Alejandro teased.

"Oh, don't act like you're all high and mighty. Now when's the next lesson?"

"Well, definitely not tomorrow since tomorrow is Saturday. I'm far too busy with—different lessons on weekends." He smirked.

"Ew." She grimaced.

Meanwhile, Chandler decided to wait for Heather outside the room to scare her when she walked out. He furrowed his eyebrows when he heard her talking to another guy and moved a little closer.

"We can do it next Monday. I think every Monday would be perfect anyways," Alejandro said.

"You said every Friday would work earlier this week, and you flake out on me today!"

"Look, I can not help it if I have my own classes to study for."

"Well—I'm more important than your stupid classes," Heather said, knowing it wasn't true. She just wanted her mom off her back about her grades as soon as possible.

"I know you wish it were that way, but I'm afraid you are not."

"I know, pervert! See you on Monday, I guess."

"Adios, Heather."

"Jerk!" Heather quickly spun around as she usually did after talking to him so he wouldn't see the smile creeping up on her face. She secretly loved arguing with him because she had never met someone as underhanded as her. Unbeknownst to her, Alejandro was smiling as well.

The moment she turned the corner out the door, Chandler grabbed her arm. She jumped. "Oh my god, Chandler, what are you doing?! You scared me!"

"I think the question is, what are YOU doing?!" He whisper-yelled, leading her straight outside. "Who was that?!"

"Um—he's the TA in my Spanish class. I was asking him about what days he could help me with something."

"Help you with something? Help you with what?"

"What do you think?! An assignment?!"

"Can't you just ask your FEMALE teacher for that?!" Chandler retorted.

"She's not available like that every week! That's why she has a TA!" Heather snapped back, attempting to free her arm from his grip, but he held on.

"Where is he going to help you?"

"In the fucking library! Where else?!"

"Hey, watch it! I'm just trying to keep you safe." Heather rolled her eyes, sighing in exhaustion. She tried to move her arm out again, pulling away harder this time. "If you think you're going anywhere right now, you're mistaken!"

"Chandler, let go!"

"I bet you were cheating on me. I bet that's what it was," he said through gritted teeth.

"What?! I wasn't cheating on you! Stop acting crazy!"

"What's his name?!"

"You're being ridiculous!"

"Tell me his motherfucking name!" Chandler yelled at her. A couple of students passed by, giving him a concerned look. "Uh—play practice!" He feigned a smile. They nodded with a laugh and walked away. Chandler's superficial grin disappeared when he looked back at Heather. He squeezed her arm a little more firmly. "What's his name, Heather?"