chapter 17 | Kisses

— Next day —

Monday, September 20th, 2021.

7:30 am.

I go out of the building after taking way more time to wake up than usual, and I put my hood on. I answer y/n's text after not talking for two days because of this weekend but smile at the sight of her morning message that makes me feel in a better mood, and I join my best friends.

"Finally. What took you so long, bro?" Hojun hits my arm, and I whine. "No talking today, please..." I bend my head back and slide my hands in the front pocket of my black hoodie, dying in the cold.

"Oh, okay," he moves away but steps behind me, and he passes his arms under mine to embrace my waist. "Back hug to make your morning better," the cheesy boy he is tightens his clasp around my body, and I chuckle but do not push him away. I just want to keep my hands in the warmth and not risk cooling my body down even more.

"What if y/n comes across you both?" Kimoon's thoughts only focus on what type of image we reflect like that. "It's fine. She knows," the one behind me answers for us, but I frown. "What do you mean 'she knows'? Did you tell her something?"

"Yeah, I just like to joke with her, and she told me she doesn't even mind when I do this, so she's not jealous," the pride echoes through his mouth, and I turn my head to glare at him. "How often do you talk to her without me knowing?"

"Just sometimes on Instagram," he tells me the truth, but for some reason, I do not feel as jealous as I would if it was another guy. I know he is straight, maybe bi, I am not even sure, but I know he would not try anything with her. He is way too thirsty for me to even be interested in her.

"Stop looking at me like that, you know what I want," he presses my body even more against his, and I uncontrollably grin but set my eyes on my phone.

< I had a good night too^-^ have you eaten something? ]

[ some coffee:') and you? >

< same:") ]

[ we have the same amazing life, I see. I feel like you're copying me👀 >

< me? You're the one copying me just to say "we're soulmates" ]

[ I never say that... >

< yes you do. ]

[ anyway:) how was your weekend? Did you enjoy your time with your family? >

< I did, I had a good time and ate home-cooked meals. I never enjoyed my life as much as I did these last two days ]

[ I'm happy you ate well then😙 >

< •-• ]

< 😗 ]

[ 🥰 >

I bite my lips to conceal the broad smile she just put on my face, and I lock my phone to shove my hands back in my pocket, but I look around us to check if y/n has left her room or not.

I do not know if it is just me or not, but I barely see her during each break lately, and I hate it but, at the same time, it worries me because it is odd of her to stay in her room as much as she can. Unless this is because of the terrible weather and that she would rather stay in the warmth until the last minute.

I miss the eye contact between us though.

"Guys, look at this," Kimoon turns his phone towards us to show the screen. "I bought these yesterday, I can't wait to receive them."