Epilogue (II)

Cara's mom had noticed, too. She was aware and she talked about it with me, seeing that the symptoms were more and more noticeable. She was excited too, I mean, the woman had seven children and two grandchildren. I think it was safe to say that she liked them.

I was still hesitant to talk about it with Cara. I didn't know how she would react if I even mentioned it so I preferred that she noticed by herself.

Getting ready for Luca and Riley's wedding was a whole journey all by itself. Cara wore a bougainvillea purple suit and the jacket wasn't as tight around the stomach area when she bought it two months ago in a little boutique in Spain. It wasn't very tight now either, she just looked a little bloated, but Cara's frown through the mirror told me she didn't like it.

"I'm so bloated lately. I seriously need to go to the doctor, I think I have a bug or something in my stomach." She stopped looking at her stomach and began to put on some mascara.

I tried to hide my smile as I tied my tie. "And I told you I'll go with you whenever you want."

She turned to me and smiled checking me out, encircling my neck with her arms. "You look very handsome."

Did I mention my girlfriend was incredibly horny lately?

"We don't have time for this." I half-smiled, glancing up at her when I finished the knot. She pouted. I brushed my lips against hers. "You look really hot in that suit."

"Is it because I look like a man?" She teased with a smirk.

I laughed. "You're not even close, bébé."

She pouted once again. "Just a quick one?"

I tapped her butt. "Nope."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luca and Riley's wedding was at a small church in the city center, near a big park with lush vegetation. I knew Luca was religious and he said something about Riley's parents getting married in the same church. The ceremony was short but beautiful, Riley's brother-in-law accompanying her to the altar. Ace was the best man and we all could happily say that he didn't lose the rings.

Not like some groom I knew.

The venue was at an enclosed rooftop in one of the most expensive hotels in the city. There weren't too many guests since Riley wanted it to be intimate, but Luca's extravagant side wanted to spend a lot of money.

And I knew all too well how much it cost.

The rooftop was magnificent. It was covered with glass and the view was breathtaking. Since it was January the 14th, everything was coated with snow, a white landscape making it magical with the small lights that covered the city.

"Why are your friends' weddings so spectacular?" Asked Cara as we looked around, almost everybody already there.

"Ours will be in the middle of the Antarctic, inside an igloo, the only two witnesses a couple of penguins."

Cara cracked up laughing. "And a polar bear."

"Deal." I smiled.

Cara sighed staring at the couple. "She looks beautiful."

"She does." I agreed.

"I need a drink." She stated all of a sudden.

My heart made a somersault. "What? Since when are you drinking tonight?"

"Since now." She said, walking towards one of the trays.

"You can't!" I exclaimed.

"It's just one night, Nico. You can keep an eye on me, right?" She smiled angelic.