Technocytes

It's still unknown if Technocytes are natural or manmade, I believe it's the damn machinists making these things, but the jury's still out on that. The way they work is pretty sciency and Im not in that line of work, so ill do my best to explain off the top of my head.

Technocytes are tiny machines that can sometimes be found in small clusters and are as small as dust.  They aren't really a problem unless they find any discarded technology or machine. Once they find something like a clock or camera, they start deconstructing and changing its shape to better suit its needs.

They the item changed usually changes into a biped or a weapon, while still retaining the vague imitation of the original object. The small ones aren't that dangerous but caution is still advised, but they can just be taken out by stomping on them. The real problem comes when they change big objects like cars or washing machines.

These things will start attacking people and trying to integrate themselves into the person, trying to "improve" them. once the machine has drawn blood from a vein or artery they will latch themselves onto the victim and drain the technocytes out of the machine and into the person.

The now infested person starts having their biology changed from the inside out, organs start turning into machinery, once the organs have all turned the bones start to turn as well. Then the Muscles and finally the skin.

The machine the technocytes inhabited before latching onto the person affects the style of parts formed. Clocks turn people into clockwork people, while newer machines turn people into android-like people, fully capable of using other tech to suit their needs.

it also seems that the more complex the item the longer and more lethal the transformation Is to the host, so those androids don't come around too often, but when they do. They are a menace to deal with.

I once went on a call about "A moving thingamabob." We intercept a lot of 911 calls so that's how we got it. I get sent there and I shit you not, there is a jittering and bouncing dildo just zooming around the house. took me a minute to get off the floor and stop laughing to deal with it.

If handled wrong, that call could've been a real pain in the ass. -Void