Basements

These pop up just about everywhere, and I do mean "pop up." 

They hold lots of stuff, tech, weapons, medicine, and various other goods. The Agency likes to go after these as soon as they hear about a new one being formed.  

They're different "difficulties" of basements, all named after the look of them. The newly renovated man caves, they're easy, and very poor in terms of loot. then on the other side of the coin are the abandoned, disgusting, and overall grimey ones. 

The Abandoned ones are hell on earth. Monsters everywhere, and traps in between. They also have the best stuff, so the agency puts a premium on these ones. But because of the danger, no one has any obligation to do them.

Don't let the name "Basements" fool you, they aren't small by any means; they're pretty damn large. Like full on dungeons with the style of a basement. Thing about them is they don't follow the rules of the universe, then again what really does in this world.

The basements go farther than they should, in places they should breach the surface and be exposed to the open air; they're just not. they're entirely non-euclidean and maze-like, so its best to bring chalk or things to leave as breadcrumbs. also, look up and learn about the Tremaux algorithm, it'll save your ass if you get lost.

the thing about these is with other jobs, you're more or less required to do them to keep your job; these are optional, kinda like bonuses if you are dumb enough to go and do them.

The agency takes a good portion of the stuff you find, but anything they don't want/need they let you keep. 

The frequency of these is pretty damn common, you'll find these popping up on the job board all the time. at least the low-risk low reward ones that is. the higher difficulty ones are rarer the harder they get.

Also, if these remind you of dungeon-crawler games, then you'd be entirely correct. they run entirely like those sometimes. For some reason, they remind me of the game Warframe, had to stop playing that because of how addicting it got, and the same with these Basements

Anyways, onto the monsters and traps you'll find here. First are the "Blindmen" Kind of a mix between trap and monster. They lie against the walls, still as a corpse. Hell, most people mistake them as corpses. That's where they get you when you least expect.

A fact you should know is the name is wrong, they aren't blind. No one knows why they are called that, we've just had that name for them for as long as the basements have existed. I've put in several requests about changing it, but they get denied outright.

Blindmen are strong, stronger than they seem. Able to rip a man in half length-wise without breaking a sweat. My advice is don't bother them, they seem to not bother people who leave them alone. 

If you were to fight one, shoot the knees. You are not gonna be able to kill these, no matter what level of firepower you have; your best is to just slow them down.

Then we have the wanderers. Little spider monsters patrol the floors, walls, and even ceilings. They sometimes pop out of the corners of walls and ceilings. I've taken the liberty and started calling them "corner folk" since I, well... never mind.

there are a few others but the basements are something you have to get authorization to go into, and I have mine, but rarely use it. The safer ones give too little of a reward for me to really wanna go in, and the tougher ones are just plain deathtraps that not even I am stupid enough to risk going in.

I used to go in though, got a cool-ass VP9 with red camo on it. I still use that gun all the time, Its my favorite, and go to gun on calls. -Void