Somno's

If you're arachnophobic, you're going to hate these. 

Spiders with faces of that of a person. Dastardly things these bugs, they're like mental parasites. When someone sees one, it links to them and stalks them in both the real world and their dreams.

They start off innocuous at first, causing minor nightmares. The reason for this isn't something we fully grasp yet, but we know they feed off of fear.

But as time goes on and the Somno learns about what scares the victim, it starts adding them to the nightmares, and even salting the normal dreams with them too.

Eventually the dreams get so bad the victim is kept awake by then, but soon after this the Somno starts stalking them in person: the victims grasp on reality is loosened and they eventually go into a catatonic state.

The whole reason we found out why these things exist is because we saw the number of catatonia cases skyrocketing, so we investigated and we found this guys watching the victims.

To catch these things you have to get them off guard, they're paranoid creatures and are always watching for anything that could be seen as a threat; so doing that is a bit of a tricky issue to deal with.

When we caught one the lab boys dissected it and found that they have bad hearing, so bad in fact that if the wind was loud enough you could clap your hands from 20 feet away and they wouldn't even notice.

Although, to make up for their bad hearing their eyesight is superb; so be on guard yourself, and move fast and get on it's back and jam a knife into it's skull.

Guns do work by the way, I'd say you shouldnt use them though; unless your extremely confident in your aim and your weapon. Somnos are fast, insanely fast and good at moving around obstacles. So stick to close quarters combat and you should catch your mark most of the time.

These things have always been annoying since we found them, I'm only getting older and these joints ain't getting any better. -Void