Lost in Language

ᴅᴀᴍɴ, ɪ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ

ɪ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ

ɪ ᴋɴᴇᴡ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇ, ɪ'ᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʏ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴛɪᴍᴇ 'ᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ

ɪ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴇɴ

ɪ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"'Azura,' Hecate began, 'Our paths have crossed only in battle. But today I stand before you seeking an ally'."

I had King in my lap while we watched Luz reenact a scene from her Azura book. Man, seeing Luz read from her book reminded me of the times back home. During summer my little sister would always read from her favorite books and reenact a scene, mom and I would sit in the living room back when she was younger and just watched as she excitedly read until she ended up tucking herself out.

Luz sighed holding the book close to her chest. "Luz, you're getting all swoony again." King pointed out.

"I can't help it," she said, "Azura is able to befriend everyone! Even her biggest rival! I wish I had that kind of power." she stared up dreamingly.

"Eh, the writing makes it sound unrealistic, but it does happen." I pointed out, remembering the first Azura book, the main character befriended almost everyone and had, like, one villain. But Luz didn't really care.

"Rivals are meant to be annihilated, not befriended." King said in a matter-of-fact tone. His tail started wagging and he leaned forward a little, "Now keep reading! I've been sucked into your awful fandom." I patted his head, "You get used to it."

Luz went back to her pose, "Okay. "Suddenly the door swung open".'

Almost immediately, the front door to the Owl House swung open, "Ding, dong, ding! Hoot, hoot." Hooty hooted.

"The book has come to life! Burn it!", King shrieked.

"Don't worry, it's just Hooty." I calmed him down, patting his head as King shrunk back a little.

Luz got off from the sofa and walked over to the open door, she grabbed what was on the front porch. "I think Eda got a package?", she cocked her head to the side a little. I grabbed King off my lap and placed him to the side, "I'll go get Eda."

"Right! You go get Eda and we'll wait in the kitchen! I'll go fetch my bib." King rubbed his little paws as he laughed evilly, running into the kitchen, Luz following.

I walked up the stairs to Eda's room and knocked, opening the door a little, "Hey, Eda, could you come down to the kitchen, we think you might've ordered something?"

She followed me downstairs to the kitchen where Luz and King were. King was busy tying his bib and Luz placed the basket on the table. "Eda, you got a package. It looks like a gift basket." Eda placed her hands on her hips, "Probably an offering. Ah, being the most powerful witch in the Boiling Isles has its perks."

"Does that come with also being the most despised witch in the Boiling Isles?" I asked playfully, she flicked my forehead in response.

King eagerly pulled what seemed to be a blanket off to reveal what looked like a... sleeping baby?

King hummed, "Mmm, fresh meat."

Luz covered her face, while walking away, "No, not eating that."

"Uh, I hope you're not also a baby eater... Are you, Eda?" I asked, however, Eda looked just as confused as I was, "Witches eating babies is so 1693," she rolled her eyes, "What is this?"