Young Blood, Old Souls

ꜱᴏᴏɴ ɪᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴀʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴏᴠᴇʀ, ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴜʀɪᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴀꜱᴛ

ᴡᴇ ᴜꜱᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴘʟᴀʏ ᴏᴜᴛꜱɪᴅᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ

ᴀɴᴅ ꜰᴜʟʟ ᴏꜰ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ꜰᴜʟʟ ᴏꜰ ʟᴏᴠᴇ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"You'll never catch me!"

Laughter filled the air as a young girl with (H/C) hair ran through the nearby woods from behind a small house. Another girl ran ahead of her older sister as her tiny shoes patted against the earth. "I'm catching up! I'm right behind you, Luz!"

Just before the older girl could tag her sister, Luz tripped and fell on her leg, scraping against the skin and stinging the poor girl. Luz let out a gasp, just before she started to hiccup and sob.

(Y/N) stopped in her tracks at the sound of her sister crying. She walked up to her and plopped herself on the ground in front of Luz. She pulled out a box of band-aids from her pocket, choosing one that had cute fluffy otters on it. Gently placing the sticky bottom over her sister's scrape and messaged over her now bandaged knee, "Sana sana collita de rana, si no sanas hoy, sanarás mañana."

She sang the usual song their mother would sing when they would hurt themselves. After (Y/N) was done, she helped her younger sister up. "There, now you're an Otter! With a dark side," she booped Luz's nose, causing her to giggle. The younger girl engulfed her older sibling into a hug, to which she gladly accepted.

______________________________________✮_____________________________________

The Boiling Isles, born from the flesh and bones of the fallen Titan. This original magic was so potent, all life on the Isles evolved to wield magic too. For years, we explored those powers freely. Until a mysterious witch appeared who declared that he, and he alone, could speak to the island. He said that we were using magic all wrong. His teachings took hold, his strength grew, and he became... Emperor Belos. Belos said that mixing magic was wrong, that only he had that right. So, he created the coven system. And there, our knowledge was restricted, and our potential sealed away. Those who resist are called wild witches, and they face harsh punishment. Emperor Belos has since retreated into his castle. There are whispers that say he's planning something big.

"Wonder if catching Eda was part of his big plan..." King hummed in thought. He raised his head to the teenager who sat at the window, looking out grimly, "What do you think, Luz? Luz?"

She slowly blinked. Lifting up a tag that was attached to her violet-colored cloak, 'To a young witch from her proud mentor. Eda'

She sighed, lifting up the other folded cloak that was meant for her older sister. Luz blamed herself for both losses, but now she was determined to make it right.

"I don't care what Belos is up to," she raised herself off from the window and stood up with newfound determination within herself, "Because today, I'm saving Eda and (Y/N)."

King gasped, following after her as she made her way to choose a weapon that Eda kept in a storage room, "Luz, what are you doing?"

"This is serious, King," she lifted up a large ax that was clearly too heavy for her arms, "Eda used her powers to save me, and (Y/N) wouldn't be there because of me. They both got caught by Lilith." She abandoned the weapon and examined a different one, "Now Eda's the owl beast and her and (Y/N) have been taken before the Emperor. I don't know what he's planning to do with either of them, but I'm going to rescue them both."