Something Ventured, Someone Framed

˜"*°•.˜"*°• AT HEXSIDE•°*"˜.•°*"˜

"Behold! The wonders of the human realm," Gus gestured to all the items from the human world that were put on display for the others to see. He plucked a red paperclip from its spot and held it up, "This little fellow is one of their most valued objects. It aids in the compiling of printed wisdom, the scratching of gunk from under your nails, and my favorite... It even mimics the sounds of the human ocean."

The short witchling held it close to his ear, twanging it as the clip made a sproing sound.

"Aah! The human realm. So beautiful." He walked over to the chalkboard. "It's safe to say that the pay-per-clorp is a stunning testament to human ingenuity. Any questions?"

He turned to the members of his club. Two were falling asleep and one was already sleeping. A student from the construction track looked bored. He raised his hand.

"Ah! Our newest member: Mattholomule." Gus gestured to the boy, signifying that he had the floor. "A-agustus, is this what the president of the Human Appreciation Society thinks passes as "Human Artifacts"?" He asked, looking credulously at the president of the club.

Gus looked at him confused.

Matt stood up from his seat, walking to the front of the table, "Because at my old school, we had real treasures." He shoved all of Gus's items off the table, making the boy panic and quickly grab them into his arms while Matt emptied his bag. Out came a rock that was painted to look like a cellphone, an egg with a skull painted on it and sticks, leaves and mud stuck together like a shoe, all with labels on them.

The other students gasped, leaning closer to get a good look at the objects.

"So real..."

"Wow!"

"I-I wanna touch them."

"Go ahead." Matt reassured, "In my club, we didn't have any dumb rules." He pointed to Gus, making him gasp. Gus quickly looked at his list of rules tapped to the chalkboard. "Shh. He didn't mean that." Gus calmed.

He glared at Matt while the other members of his club poked at the supposed human items. Gus pulled them out of their hold, slamming the handmade shoe on the table, "Well, this isn't your club. Thankfully." He crossed his arms.

"Exactly", Matt agreed, he turned his attention to his other peers, smiling at them, "Who thinks I should be president?"

Immediately, the others agreed. "I do!"

"Mattholomule for prez!"

"I'm an undecided voter." The unicorn bard student said, "I wanna touch all the objects first." the other two girls began to talk over each other.

Gus picked up the rock, examining it, "These are fakes!" He exclaimed.

Matt's eyes widened, he turned to Gus sharply, stammering as he spoke up against the smaller boy's accusation, "You can't prove that!" He inhaled to calm himself, smirking. "You're just trying to distract these human appreciators. You're afraid of getting kicked out of office." He leaned against the table, "It's your word versus mine."

Gus stepped back as his members began to decide on believing Mattholomule. His back hit the chalkboard, he turned around to look at a picture with two familiar girls on it. One was his human friend, Luz raising her hand in mid frame, one eye squinting. The other girl was (Y/N), Luz's older sister, she was in the process of looking up from her book and in mid blink.

An idea struck Agustus. "What if I brought in experts?"

"Yeah, right." Matt scoffed, "Who can you find that's a bigger human expert than any of us?"