Enchanting Grom Fright

ɢᴏᴏᴅ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢɪʀʟ

ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴀ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ

ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ'ᴍ ʙᴀᴅ

ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ꜱᴘᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴍʏ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ?

ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢɪʀʟ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

'How's Manchester?'

'It's going great, Mama!'

'I'm having so much fun!'

I take a deep breath and hit send. Waiting for my mom's response. It felt like hours right when it was only a couple seconds that ticked by. Finally, she answered, 'That's great! I miss you and your sister!'

I exhaled calmly, happy that she didn't ask for any pictures on my trip. The only pictures I did have currently were of my time here on the Boiling Isles, most of them were random accidental close ups of King because the little rascal kept stealing my phone when Luz wouldn't give him hers. It looked like he still struggles with the photos app if there were THAT many.

"Mom texting you too?"

I groaned, giving my sister a nod. She was just as nervous and scared as I am about whether or not we should tell our mother that we aren't actually where she thinks we are. "Hopefully she doesn't ask any more questions. But I'm afraid that she might..."

"Me too, what am I going to say when we come back, and she asks about camp?"

"Or Manchester. Or worse, she asks my friends, and they tell her that I never went!"

"There's so many possibilities!" Luz took a deep breath. Her frown was replaced with a smile, "As long as we don't tell her anything when we get back, everything should be fine," she stated calmly. "Everything will be fine, dear sister."

"You really think so?"

"No! It's gonna be awful!" Luz started panicking. Ranting on and on about said possibilities we were worried about. I grabbed her by the shoulders, "Luz! Calm down. How about we worry about mom later, and instead focus on school for now."

"Right, right, just focus on school for now..."

I left my sister and her friends by themselves. When I walked into Hexside, I was greeted with the sight of decorations being set everywhere and students chattering louder than usual.

"What's going on?" I approached Viney and Jerbo who were setting up a banner via Puddles and a plant abomination. "It's Grom! One of the best events at Hexside," Jerbo answered, "Right next to Grudgby of course. Nothing beats Grudgby!"

"They don't have Grom in the human world?" Viney asked, petting Puddles as a reward for her help.

"Nope, only Prom, which I am assuming is very different but kinda similar in a weird way. Is there dancing? And grand prom gestures?" Knowing this world, there's some dangerous catch to partying for some reason.

"I think you mean Grand Grom Gestures. There's one right now," Jerbo pointed down at the lower hall. Skara was getting asked by who I assume is her boyfriend.

"Yup, kinda similar, I guess."

Viney nudged my shoulder with hers, "So, going to Grom with anyone?"