Sense and Insensitivity

ꜱʜᴇ ɢᴇᴛꜱ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴇᴇᴘ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴇꜱᴛ

ꜱᴛʀᴀɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴍʏ ʙᴜʟʟᴇᴛ ᴘʀᴏᴏꜰ ᴠᴇꜱᴛ

ꜱʜᴇ ᴋɪꜱꜱᴇꜱ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀ ɢʀᴇɴᴀᴅᴇ

ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀ ʙʟᴀᴅᴇ, ᴏʀ ʙᴀʏᴏɴᴇᴛ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Oh my god!

There was a freaking book fair!

Luz left to go get Eda and King. While I wandered around, going through certain books that people wrote themselves, entire series, or have latest editions/early access to newer books. There was even a meet and greet stand. If I read any books here at the Boiling Isles and knew who the authors were, I so would've joined the growing line!

I should've gone with Luz to get Eda and King, ask for some snails to buy some books. I should've brought the snails I got from work. Legit, I got it from a bag, since there are no credit cards in the Boiling Isles.

While walking around, I noticed an Emperor guard walking, behind him was Lilith, Eda's older sister. What were they doing at a book fair? Should I investigate or leave it? I could warn Eda. Again, I should've gone with Luz to get the old witch and her little demon.

"Oh, hey, there you are, kid." Startled, I swiveled around sharply, seeing Eda just arrive next to me. "Boy this place is a drag, all these books are boring," She said, grabbing a book with a mirror off the shelf, staring at it.

"Eda, your sister, she's-"

Eda gasped, leaning in closer to look at herself in the mirror, "Another wrinkle! The curse is quickening!"

"Eda!" I called for her attention. "Your sister is here."

Her expression went from panicked to paranoia, looking around if her sister was near. "What? Where is she? Did she see me?"

"You, lackey." It was Lilith's voice. Quickly, Eda hid behind a banner. She lifted it and glared at her sister who was near, standing in front of a booth. "Lilith," the old witch glared. She grabbed my arm and pulled me to hide beside her, "Come here, kid. We don't want her seeing you too."

"Do you have the item we discussed?" Lilith asked the merchant in her more professional tone of voice.

"Oh! Yes, right here." He handed her a map.

Lilith opened it. Whatever it was the map had, it started glowing. "This is excellent. A map to the Bloom of Eternal Youth." She curled it back closed, "I think the emperor will be very pleased."

"Ma'am, shouldn't we be searching for the Owl Lady to join the coven?" The guard who escorted her asked, "Remember that whole plan?" That is true, I thought she was walking around the place searching for Eda. Unless whoever the emperor is, sent her on another mission. But that wouldn't really make sense either.

Lilith scoffed, "My sister's curse has left her frail. She'll still be here when we get back."

Eda made a noise.

"This comes first. It's for the emperor, after all." Lilith stated. The emperor guard suddenly smacked all of the books on the merchant's table off, brimming with excitement, "Yeah! All hail the emperor."

Lilith frowned, rolling her eyes. Despite that, she still gave the guard a pat on the beak of his helmet, "Very good, Steve."

They walks away, the guard giving himself a pat on his shoulder, "Shoulder pats for Steve!"