Really Small Problems

ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ ɪ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ

ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴇʟꜱᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴜꜱ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ

ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴏᴜʀ ꜱᴛᴏᴍᴘɪɴɢ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅꜱ

ʟᴇᴛ'ꜱ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ɴᴏɪꜱᴇ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Didn't know sandwiches can be made with actual sandwich ingredients. It feels so good to eat real food again instead of worrying if it blinks, moves, or starts screaming.

'When were the covens founded, and who are their current leaders?'

I hummed. the age-old question, ey? I flipped through several pages and found the answer, writing it down on my homework paper and took a bite out of my sandwich. Luz's friends had called her from the crystal ball, and she was entertaining them.

"Luz..." King whined, climbing onto the table, "Nyeh! You've been talking to them all morning. Don't forget about the Luz and King comedy hour!"

"Please, no. Not the comedy hour..." Eda shuddered, stirring the pot faster.

"This week I've been working with props," King turned around, fiddling with something. He looked back at us with a toilet paper tube over his snout, "Oh dear, I've gotten a tube stuck on my nose! Will I ever eat again?" King slammed a piece of bread on his face, "Looks like I'm toast!"

I silently giggled as the two of them continued with their comedy routine with bread puns while Eda ranted.

Suddenly the crystal ball beeped red. Quickly, I packed my things, "Alright, Luz, let's get going." She ended her conversation with her friends. King sighed, which went unnoticed by Luz, "Hey, don't worry. We'll finish our comedy hour when we get back home." She gave King a kiss on his skull, following me as we headed out the door after I gave King's head a pat.

"Try not to miss us while we're gone!" Luz closed the door.

Before we could walk any further, one of those phone messenger birds flew up to us. "Good morning students," Bump's voice said from the bird, "Due to a pixie infestation, school has been canceled. Enjoy your day off."

It flew off in a different direction from the school, he probably had it to inform other students.

"Huh, well how about that..."

We turned around and headed back inside.

"You're both back!" King immediately climbed up Luz and laid against her head. "I didn't miss either of you at all..."

"Apparently there's an infestation of pixies at Hexside, so school's been canceled," Luz explained.

"That sounds like a crumby situation." They both laughed.

"Hey!" Hooty came in, "Guess what's been in my mouth that I'm about to throw up?" He started retching and gagging, trying to regurgitate whatever was in his mouth. Luz and King stared at him while Eda and I were unfazed by it. I've seen Hooty vomit mail before, it's nothing new.

Finally, he coughed it all up, especially a package. He took a second to breath in before happily announcing the mail.

Eda scanned through it and threw away a death-hex, "Oh, a carnival's in town today."

"A carnival?" I raised a brow.

"Oh, (Y/N)! How about we go to the carnival! We've been so busy with school lately," She pulled King off her head and held him up towards me, ''What do you say we take this comedy hour on tour? It'll be a luz, (Y/N) and King day!"