Knock, Knock, Knockin' On Hooty's Door

Quick A/N, this episode kinda got me confused on the time, mainly because it looks like when Hooty starts with King, it's during the day which makes it look like it happened the day after everyone disbands from the living room. Yet when it gets to Luz's problem, it happens RIGHT after everyone left.

So, does that mean it happened on the same day, or is it the day after?

I don't know myself, so I just wrote it like it all transpired on the next day.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Dearest Lulu,

I hope this letter finds you well and that you're enjoying your time with your parents. I'm writing to let you know that I am a genius! Whenst I wrote you last; I was in the throes of a malaise. That's when I got your letter!

Hello, Hootsifer.

Your letter concerned me. You write of feeling unimportant while Luz, Eda, and King are off on adventures. I know (Y/N) keeps you great company, but even she is pulled away by her own discoveries as she has mentioned before in her own letters. But Hooty, you are the Owl House. You take care of everyone inside you. If that isn't a worthy purpose, then what is?

Lilith,

I know this letter is sudden, but I believe I have made progress on the mystery behind covenless witches hiding within covens. There is a possibility that Mari isn't the only one. There were other covens that may have harbored others. I found an old newspaper clipping from the library of a wild witch who was supposedly a part of the Plant Coven, but no mark in si-

"How we doin', hoot house?"

"Ah... Hooty," I scolded at the owl tube who had swung the door open, losing my train of thought. "Can ya keep it down?" King glared, his voice cracking. He shifted his glare at his own body as he repeated the word down, his voice still cracking, "Why does this keep happening?"

But no mark in sight. Then there was an entry from an old writer's biography claiming to have seen a wild witch who stated that they were part of the Potions Coven and had seen them perform more than just-

Hooty extended himself towards him, "Sounds like our little demon is becoming a "de-man."

"Ugh! Why does that sound so wrong coming from you?" his voice squeaked. King let out a frustrated shriek, "I am done with this!" he hopped off the couch.

More than just-

I groaned in frustration as Hooty let out a laugh, slithering over to Eda next, "Those teens, eh? Their moods change like the wind." I was about to start typing again, when he let out a yelp, "Hooty, please!"

"Sorry, (Y/N). But it's just... Look at Eda."

Yeesh. He was right, Eda looked like a mess. Ever since the incident with Raine and the BAT's getting captured, she hasn't really been sleeping well. Scratch that, she hasn't been sleeping at all. Still trying to find a better use for her curse by looking through old scrolls and such, "I'm freaking out, Hooty. Belos is planning something big, and I'm weaker than a newborn witchling. If I want to protect you guys, I have to train as hard as I can to get strong. No rest!"

"But every time you overwork yourself, you turn into the Owl Beast," Hooty said worriedly.

"Hooty's right, Eda. Maybe just for tonight, you should sleep-"

"I said no rest!" she shouted, blowing an air horn before she stomped away. Well, that hurt my ear drums.

"Can you please be quiet?" Luz whined, "You're scaring the echo mouse. If he's not happy, I'll never make my way into Amity's heart."