Hunting Palismen

ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴘᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɴᴇ

ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ꜱᴀɪᴅ "ʏᴇꜱ" ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ɢᴜʏ

ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʜᴀᴅ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ

ʙᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇꜱ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ, ɪ'ᴍ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ

ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ

ɪ ᴄᴀɴ ᴘʟᴀʏ 'ᴇᴍ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴋᴇɴ ᴅᴏʟʟ

ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀꜱʜ ᴍʏ ʜᴀɪʀ

ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ 'ᴇᴍ ʙᴏᴜɴᴄᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀ ʙᴀꜱᴋᴇᴛʙᴀʟʟ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

˜"*°•.˜"*°• AT THE EMPEROR'S CASTLE•°*"˜.•°*"˜

A blue fire is lit from within the fire pit.

Guards stand at ease as the shadows of each coven head looms over them. They crowd around the fire pit in front of Emperor Belos's throne. Standing at Belos's sides are the Golden Guard and Kikimora.

"The Day of Unity approaches," Kikimora begins, "Where we'll celebrate the purification of magic under the coven system, just as the Titan intended." Most of the coven heads all share a smile as Kikimora continues with her speech, giving praise to all, "As heads of the nine covens, we celebrate your efforts to complete this plan. For this, you have earned a glimpse of the reward that awaits."

"Step forward," Belos responds in a hoarse voice.

They do as they're told, taking their embroidered sigils onto the slots on the fire pit. They glow and the pit begins to swirl and harness their magical properties before it bursts in a sprout of colorful flames. The eyes of each coven head begins to glow, within the fire, yellow orbs begin to shine within the sockets of the Titan's eyes before exploding, blinding the world in light before it settles, revealing the skull in a new location not like the Boiling Isles.

"The larger your covens grow, the more power we have to unite our realms," Emperor Belos speaks with newfound energy, "Where all worthy shall inherit a utopia free of wild magic-" Suddenly, he begins to grunt, his hand flies up to clutch at the fabric covering his chest, bunching it up in his fist as he curls forward, groaning in pain.

Immediately, the Golden Guard helps Belos stand and begins to lead him away. Kikimora follows, but the Golden Guard holds his hand up, "No," he firmly states, "Stay here. I can handle this alone."

She grumbles, burning holes into the back of the guard's head, 'How dare he speak to me like that.'

Belos and the Golden Guard leave the room, leading the tall man to the throne room and softly closes the door behind him. He watches as the Emperor hunches over in pain, gurgling and groaning, he collapses to the ground and the wrenching sounds morphed into growling to shrieks as his body horrifically transforms into a dark sloshing matter of flesh. The pain becoming unbearable, Belos slammed his fists at the wall in a fit of agonizing rage.

The Golden Guard turned away from the sight as the pounding continued.

Finally, Belos exhales as the throbbing stops, regaining his form, he places his mask back on. Growling as the dark matter slips through the cracks.

Knowing what his Emperor needed, the Golden Guard retrieved a staff. Belos swipes it out of his hand and snaps the palisman off, inhaling the green that seeps through his nostrils and his eyes. He sighs in relief and revels in the feeling the palisman had given him as it crumbles into dust and falls through his fingers like sand. But it wasn't enough.