Follies at the Coven Day Parade

ɪ'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴘᴀᴄᴋ ᴍʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ

ᴛʜɪꜱ ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ'ꜱ ᴏʟᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ'ᴠᴇ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ

ɪ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪ ꜰᴇʟᴛ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ꜱʜᴀᴛᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ꜱᴏᴜʟ

'ᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴄʀᴜᴇʟ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ'ᴍ ᴀ ꜰᴏᴏʟ

ꜱᴏ, ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ɢᴏ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Luz still hasn't told me about what happened to Mom, judging from how upset she seemed, I can only assume it wasn't exactly the sweet reunion she was hoping for. I'll have to talk to her today. When I left this morning, I noticed her cheeks were wet and her eyelids were slightly puffy. She had most likely cried herself to sleep and didn't want to wake me. We're in this together, if something, anything happened while she was trying to talk to mom and find a way home, I have to know.

"Alright, Jerbo, you've got the camera ready?"

"Huh?" I was snapped out of my thoughts by Edric calling out to our scrawny friend, "Yup!" Forgot I was hanging out with my friends doing our own photoshoot for a firework Edric is in the process of making for Coven Day. Probably shouldn't have been thinking too hard on how I should approach Luz about what happened.

"You okay, (Y/N)?" Emira asked. Before I could answer there was a sudden squawk from the griffon Edric was sitting on causing him to let out a yelp of surprise. "Eddie, I don't think this is a good idea," Aloy's tail swished in worry, his hand stroking Puddle's fluffy neck, "I don't want you ending up in the Healing Coven, for the twelfth time."

"That's gotta be a record," Viney comments, giving a snicker at the face Aloy made while she feeds Puddles some Boiling Sea worms to keep the griffon satisfied and calm.

"Don't worry, Al," Eddie reassured his boyfriend, "Those first few eleventh times I didn't have you around with me."

Emira regained my attention when she placed her hand on my shoulder, cocking an eyebrow and she tilted her head, her smile faltering a little, "Is... everything okay?"

I let out a short sigh, "It's hard to say at this point."

Her smile was fully gone and was replaced with concern, "Is it about being away from home? Have you guys made the portal yet?"

"I can't say for sure," I ran my fingers through my hair, the very tips of my nails holding on and lightly tugging at the dyed part of my hair, "Luz hasn't said anything yet."

"Has she talked to you about it?" Viney asked, drying her hands on her pants.

I shook my head.

"Well, maybe she just doesn't want you to worry," the brunette continued, "I mean, we all know just how much of a worry wart you are."

I could feel my cheeks heat up as all my friends snickered at my reaction, "I am not a worry wart!"

"Oh, really?" Jerbo raised a brow, "What about that one time you worried over Luz eating one of those screaming pumpkin pies during lunch?"

"It was screaming! Back in our world we don't have pumpkins with faces that remind people of the inevitability of death!" I tried to defend myself.

"Then there was the time you threw a shrinking potion at the one giant student," Edric mentioned.