Chapter 3

It was early in the morning and Beomgyu wanted nothing better to do other than sleeping through the day. However, Yeonjun wanted to cook breakfast for him and thought it would be a great idea to disturb him in the morning. Not that Beomgyu was complaining, Yeonjun’s cooking was top notch.

“So, did you guys text?” Yeonjun asked as he hopped onto the seat, across from Beomgyu.

Taehyun did send him a goodnight text which Beomgyu once again tried to ignore but caved in and sent him a goodnight text back.

“Yeah…just one text.” Beomgyu answered, leaning against his seat.

“Soobin seemed skeptical of Taehyun…” Yeonjun commented, keeping his expression neutral.

Soobin was extremely protective of them all. When Beomgyu returned to the café, Soobin walked up to him and bombarded him with questions including the possibility of Taehyun saying anything inappropriate. After Beomgyu had filled him up on what happened and that he was actually going to try and be Taehyun’s friend, Soobin’s expression had turned disapproving, shaking his head at him.

“Look Beomgyu I am all in for you getting laid or finding someone you love but don’t you think it would be awkward to be friends with someone you had sex with? That is so backwards!” Yeonjun had lectured.

Beomgyu shrugged, unsure of what to say.

“He is watching out for me…” Beomgyu said slowly. “But it is going to be okay.”

“You know we love you a lot, right?” Yeonjun smiled fondly at his friend. “We want you to be happy.”

“I know…” Beomgyu hummed softly. “It is just…weird? I mean I really want to be Taehyun's friend but at the same time, my heart does this weird little thing and I don’t know Yeonjun hyung.” He groaned covering his face with his hands.

“Beom… It is okay, you are just scared, you have trust issues when it comes to these kinds of things.” Yeonjun said reassuringly.

"Why am I overthinking so much for a friendship? It was not like he asked me to be in a relationship with him." Beomgyu pursued his lips in thought.

"Did you wish it was a relationship?" Yeonjun asked gently and it did take Beomgyu back by surprise.

"What? No. Of course not!" Beomgyu said indignantly.

"Okay. Okay. I was just asking." Yeonjun said, putting his arms up to surrender.

A comfortable silence took over them slowly as Beomgyu got lost in his thoughts.

“So how is work going?” Yeonjun asked, dragging Beomgyu back from his thoughts.

“Oh, it is shitty as always.” Beomgyu complained, thankful for the change in the topic. “We have a new staff, called Sunoo, so I have to train him. He is really cute though.”

“That is great!” Yeonjun said. “Hopefully, he is not as bad as your other colleagues.”

Beomgyu leaned back against his chair, rubbing his eyes slowly.

“I hope so too…”

Sundays were a pain for Beomgyu, as that meant the end of the weekend which meant five more days of this grueling torture, they call work.

The new staff, Sunoo, did bring about a change in the atmosphere. He reminded Beomgyu of a fox, and Sunoo had told him excitedly at lunch that Beomgyu looked like a wolf because of his hair, so it was easy for them to bond.

His phone vibrated against the desk, lighting up with a notification. Unlocking his phone, Beomgyu saw it was a message from Taehyun.

“Do you want to grab dinner or something after work? Get to know each other more?”