Chapter 21

I'll just call Taehyung 'V ' cuz I'm lost ಠ﹏ಠ

Beomgyu was becoming jittery as Saturday drew closer with every day. He wondered whether it was a good idea on agreeing to let Taehyun talk to him, and whether he was ready to get hurt once again by the man. Every time he thought there was hope for them two back then, it was always snatched away thanks to the younger man’s aloofness or coldness and Beomgyu had tried so hard to forget him but failed.

Even after he immersed himself fully in his work, Taehyun would always somehow manage to creep into his thoughts. A day before Saturday, Taehyun had texted him, saying he would be picking him up and Beomgyu sighed, once again reconsidering the whole thing. He hadn’t told V about him meeting Taehyun, just informing him that he was not free as he had other commitments.

When Beomgyu woke up the next day, his mind was already overworking itself with theories and how else Taehyun was going to disappoint him. He wondered if cancelling and backing out was an option as he trudged into the showers, changing into a tight pair of jeans and a white shirt. He stared at himself in the reflection, parting his hair slightly to the middle before waiting for the man to arrive and text him.

Just then, his phone rang, sharp and perfunctory, and Beomgyu saw Taehyun’s name flash. He froze for a while, watching it vibrate before picking it up.

“Beomgyu?” Taehyun stuttered out, “I am downstairs.”

“Okay.” Beomgyu replied airily, cutting the call.

He picked up his jacket, wallet and phone and headed towards the elevator after locking the door.

Taehyun was leaning against his car, putting out his cigarette as Beomgyu walked towards him, and it reminded him back to when Taehyun had first come over to his apartment, looking vulnerable, desperation in his eyes, when Beomgyu knew he was getting into trouble.

Taehyun was staring at him, his dark pupils averting their gaze as he caught them.

“Where are we going?” Beomgyu asked, not veering his gaze away.

“You will find out…” Taehyun uttered softly before getting into his car, gesturing at Beomgyu to do the same.

“Is your hand okay?” Taehyun asked as he started driving.

“Yeah… it was just scratch.” Beomgyu replied not sparing the man a glance.

Taehyun smelled of cigarettes mingled along with his cologne, and Beomgyu knew the man was just as nervous as him, maybe more.

Driving along with someone was different when you are mad at the person. It was quiet among them, and Beomgyu did not even bother to fiddle with the radio station like he often used to before, choosing to stare at the passing scenery outside. They have now passed the edge of the city, heading towards the ocean. They soon reached the beach, where the waves from the ocean were splashing against the rocks and Beomgyu was in awe. He had mentioned once, to Taehyun that his ideal place for a date was by the ocean but he never expected the man to actually remember it. The sky had a soft pink and blue glow and it made the beach look even more beautiful. Beomgyu had always wanted to go to the beach and he could feel the excitement stirring in his entire being.

Beomgyu followed behind as Taehyun got out of his car and headed towards the rocks, stepping on them and turning to face Beomgyu who was peering up at him.

“There is a spot up there from where you could get a beautiful view.” Taehyun announced as he held out his palm, facing upwards, waiting for Beomgyu to grab it.

Beomgyu sighed, as he placed his hand on the younger man’s and allowed him to guide him along the rocky path.

Taehyun was right though, the view up there was breathtakingly beautiful. Taehyun sat on a large rock, leaving a space beside for Beomgyu, but the older opted to stand, wanting to know what Taehyun had to say so he could leave already.