Chapter 13

Taehyun got a text from an unknown number the next day.

Hey. This is Mina, I am supposed to meet you today.

Taehyun sighed heavily as he wanted the day to be over with already. He hadn't meant to ignore Beomgyu on purpose but it was just that his mind was overwhelmed right now and distancing himself from people was his defense mechanism.

He was so frustrated, mostly at himself, for always being so complicated, so difficult and for dragging Beomgyu into this mess but it was going to be fine, it was not like they were in love with each other.

He sent back a text to Mina, asking her what time she was available to meet and for the location.

After he received a reply from her, he slowly started gathering his things, heading off to the restaurant.

Needless to say, the date was a disaster. Mina already had a hundred complaints up her sleeves by the time they made it to the table.

“You are Taehyun, right?” She asked, turning away and gesturing for the waiter to come over.

“Yes.” Taehyun said as his eyes scanned the menu.

Once they had rattled off their orders, they resumed their conversations.

Taehyun could tell they had nothing in common and he was already thinking of an excuse to get away from the place. As the food arrived and they started eating, he was surprised to find that he missed Beomgyu. His cute little dimply smile as he laughed across the table, his snarky comments, and his warmth. They were not in a relationship but Taehyun felt like he was cheating on the older for even showing up for a date.

“Taehyun?”

Suddenly there was a hand in front of his face, waving to bring him back into the conversation.

“Sorry.” Taehyun hummed.

“I was asking you if you were okay with this alliance. We could still see and date other people; this marriage is just so it is beneficial for our companies.”

Taehyun stared at her for a while, trying to understand if he heard her right. Clearly here was someone who wanted to marry him for wealth.

Maybe, Taehyun would have agreed to this in the past, living just to satisfy his father's wishes but something had changed.

“Sorry, I am not interested.” Taehyun said coldly as he asked for the bill.

“What?” Mina said, confusion and anger clouding her pretty face slowly. “Your father told me everything was fixed and I just had to see you and confirm everything, but you are rejecting?”

“I don’t know or care what my dad told you, he is not the one who is going to get married. It is me, and I said no. Sorry for wasting your time.” Taehyun said, his tone cold.

“Like I said, you can continue seeing whoever you are seeing. This marriage is a good business profit. Don’t be so selfish.” She bit back. “Think about it, at least I allow you to have fun with others after marriage, do you think whoever you get married to would allow you to do that? They would just drain your money off and not let you have fun.” Mina locked her jaw and seethed.

A deadly silence ruminated in the space between them as Taehyun tried to control his anger.

“I said I am not interested.” Taehyun said angrily as he paid the waiter before getting up and leaving in anger.

As he sat in his car for around ten minutes, trying to calm himself down, his phone rang, and it was his father.

“What do you want?” Taehyun asked his voice rising with frustration.