Chapter 20

Beomgyu ended up seeing Taehyung almost everyday thanks to their jobs. It became a habit to meet the older regularly for lunch at their cafeteria often and he was starting to grow fond of the man. Taehyung bought chocolate cookies for Beomgyu everyday for a week just because Beomgyu had complained once about how his friend called Yeonjun never made cookies for him even though he had asked him multiple times, and that warmed up his heart, and his stomach.

"You really shouldn't have...you already bought me cookies the last four days of the week hyung." Beomgyu laughed. They were in his office and Taehyung had plopped down on the comfortable chair, dragging Beomgyu to sit on his lap.

"Well...how am I supposed to resist after you said 'Beomie wanted cookies.' Do you have any idea how irresistible you are?" Taehyung grinned pulling Beomgyu into a kiss.

Beomgyu wasn't going to lie, it felt nice to feel like someone finally appreciated him.

"Okay, go to your office now before someone walks in on us." Beomgyu giggled, moving away from Taehyung as the man held him steady.

"One more kiss before I go please?" Taehyung begged and Beomgyu chuckled as he pulled the man close to him, capturing his lips, kissing him softly before letting him go.

"Go away now." Beomgyu laughed as the man got up in disgruntlement heading to the door.

"See you later Beomie." He called out before closing the door behind him as Beomgyu stared after him fondly.

Soon, it was time to go back home and Beomgyu packed his things up, walking out and surprisingly running into Jay.

“Beomgyu?” Jay’s eyes widened before he flung himself onto Beomgyu, hugging him tightly.

Beomgyu patted Jay's back, “What are you doing here?” He asked when Jay pulled away from him.

“I came here to pass something to one of the composers who works here, Jake. We both are friends." Jay mentioned, "Do you…do you want to grab a coffee together?” The man asked him, “Just the two of us?”

Beomgyu felt a little awkward, even though he loved Jay dearly as a friend and had met him countless number of times, he was still Taehyun’s best friend and someone he did not have one on one outings. However, he decided to go for it.

They were sitting at a coffee shop outside the company sipping on iced americanos and hot lattes.

“How are you holding up?” Jay asked, sipping his iced americano through the straw.

“I am… doing well.” Beomgyu answered, “What about you?”

“I am doing great too.” Jay said, smile radiating on his face.

Beomgyu wanted to ask Jay how he was doing. The last time he saw Taehyun, he didn't look like he was doing so well.

“Have you… spoken to him?” Jay asked, his eyes casually peering up at Beomgyu, picking up on his thoughts.

“I don’t want to.”

Jay chuckled before he picked up his americano, taking another sip. “You know…it really is not my place to say this…but there was a time I fought with Taehyun and we didn't talk for like a month.”

Beomgyu leaned against his chair, cocking up an eyebrow at him, trying to ignore the flip his heart made at the mention of Taehyun's name. “Why?” He asked.

“Well…in college when I met Jungwon, I used to spend all my time with him. Taehyun was scared…scared he was going to lose me.” Jay said as he smiled nostalgically. “Yes, he could be jealous sometimes and I was mad at him.” He continued, running a hand through his hair.