Chapter 6

A month had passed since their arrangement and so far, none of their friends had suspected anything. Keeping this whole thing a secret from them was tougher than Beomgyu imagined as there would always be those exchanged glances, hidden touches, secretive smiles among the two. Beomgyu always had a tough time hiding the hickeys around his neck and collarbones. He had told Taehyun once, to leave his neck alone.

“I have work, I have to meet my friends. I can not go around looking like my neck got ravaged by someone Taehyun!”

To which Taehyun only chuckled, and left more marks, hence, Beomgyu gave up, opting to wear turtlenecks and scarves. Thank god it was not the summer season, otherwise there would be a lot of explaining to do.

Jay had planned a weekend outing for them at a guesthouse somewhere near the countryside and he seemed really excited about it. Taehyun was coming too, of course, and so was Jungwon, who Beomgyu learnt was Jay’s boyfriend, and also the owner of the guesthouse.

Beomgyu knew his friends were still skeptical about Taehyun and he was hoping this trip would not hold any complications. Soobin always seemed to know Beomgyu inside out, as he had pulled him aside once and had asked him if there was ever a possibility of being in a relationship with the man.

“You know, what if he wanted to be your friend so you could date later? Like strangers to friends to lovers au.”

Beomgyu groaned as he told him what Taehyun had revealed to him. Taehyun despised relationships, for whatsoever reason, he did not know.

“And yeah, I just wanted to be friends with him anyways.” Beomgyu said, guilt taking over him as he hid away the fact that he was having sex with Taehyun.

He was waiting with Soobin, Yeonjun and Hueningkai by the café, where Jay had promised to pick them up. Beomgyu was dressed in white as usual, wearing a white tee over cream colored shorts, and has a pink hair clip on his long hair.

Soon, a big caravan, driven by Jay, pulled into the street by the café, the windows rolling down by the passenger side, to reveal an unfamiliar albeit kind and friendly face.

“Hey guys!” the stranger said, smiling at them with a smile so bright allowing his dimple to show, “I am Jungwon. It is so nice to finally meet you all.”

“Please hop in.” The side doors opened, and the sight of Taehyun, slumped over comfortably on one of the seats, set Beomgyu’s heart racing. He looked really good, dressed in casuals, and a pair of sunglasses perched on his blond hair. Taehyun looked up at him as the doors opened, throwing a dazzling smile at him, moving a bit on his seat, gesturing secretly at the empty seat beside him for us to sit on.

Beomgyu smiled back, before climbing into the van, setting his backpack down and sliding into the seat. Yeonjun, Hueningkai and Soobin got in too, taking their seats behind. Jungwon looked behind from his seat and Beomgyu thought this man really resembled a bunny.

“So… you are Yeonjun, Hueningkai and Soobin? Am I right?” Jungwon said, gesturing at them.

“Wow…I am impressed.” Hueningkai said.

“Jay made me memorise all of your names and match the faces to them.” He chirped brightly.

“And let me guess… You must be Beomgyu?” Jungwoon paused for a while, before adding, “Taehyun wouldn’t shut up about you.”

“Jungwon, shut up.” Taehyun retorted, a slight red creeping over his neck that Beomgyu really found endearing, before he looked at Beomgyu and mouthed that he was lying.

As Jay ordered Jungwon to take his seat and announced that they will be driving off now, Beomgyu looked at Taehyun, with a sparkle in his eyes.

“So, you talk a lot about me huh?”