Chapter 19

Beomgyu loved his new job. In fact, love was an understatement. Seokjin was extremely funny, kind and caring, completely the opposite of his previous boss, and his partner, J-hope, was even more hilarious and carefree, and it was easy for Beomgyu to get along well with them. It was definitely a good change from the toxic work environment he had grown used to for the past two years and work had kept him so busy that he found himself not thinking that much about Taehyun anymore.

He had shown Seokjin a few of his songs and they worked together to polish it and to make it more suitable for release. Seokjin had complimented him and said he had never seen someone this talented before and that was more than enough for Beomgyu. His hard work was finally getting validated, the pay was amazing, and Beomgyu was glad life was finally coming together, the pieces all falling together to form a jigsaw puzzle. However, there was a missing piece and Beomgyu tried not to acknowledge that.

Being okay and acting to be okay were completely different, but Beomgyu was used to the acting. He believed he was good at it as he had pretended he didn't have feelings for a certain someone for a long time until there were too many cracks and the act was shattered. He poured all his time and energy into his new job, coming up with various excuses so as to not meet up with his group, just so he could avoid him.

Time had a habit of passing by quickly and two weeks flew by since he had joined. He was just working on the finishing touches on his latest song when there was a knock on the door and Seokjin walked in, a spring in his steps.

“Hey, Beomie!” He called out, walking over to him. “We are planning to go out to a nearby club to celebrate a win one of our groups got. You game?”

Beomgyu looked up, glancing back at his unfinished song. He really wanted to stay in and work more on it, but he thought about the idea. Other than Seokjin and J-hope and a really friendly guy called Jungkook, he really didn’t know the others, and this might be an opportunity to get to know them. He nodded his head and Seokjin smiled radiantly at him, “Ok, get ready. We are leaving in like ten minutes.”

Beomgyu quickly headed to the washroom, checking his reflection on the glass, and patting his hair down. He looked tired and in dire need of a fun night out.

Seokjin had told him to wait outside near the receptionist area, where a van would come and pick them up. As Beomgyu entered the area, he saw over ten people already crowding around and waiting and they were all engrossed in a conversation with one or the other and Beomgyu was beginning to regret it. He stood by the side, idly fiddling with his phone when a shadow hovered over him, coming to stand by his side.

“Hey.” The stranger drawled slowly.

Beomgyu turned to look at the man, and the first thing that popped into his mind was wow.

The man was tall, and extremely handsome with dark black hair, and he had a body that Beomgyu knew is extremely ripped just by looking at it through his tee. His eyes wandered over his body before slowing moving up to meet the man’s eyes, smirking as if he knew Beomgyu was checking him out.

“Yes?” Beomgyu asked, trying to act nonchalant.

The man laughed, a loud booming sound before throwing his hand out for a shake.

“I am Taehyung. I saw you standing here alone, so I decided to give you company.”

Beomgyu looked at the man suspiciously, really not in a mood for another Taehyun fiasco, but he shook the man’s hand.

“I am Beomgyu.”

Before they could continue, Seokjin popped into the room, exclaiming excitedly, and shooing them all outside into the van.