Chapter 15

Beomgyu jolted awake from the bed, the world spinning for a moment. He knew this was not his bed nor Taehyun’s and his heart started racing until his eyes darted around the room, taking in the details, and realising his best friend took him home, thankfully.

His mind felt like there was cotton stuffed in it and he felt his stomach heaving as he hurried to the washroom, throwing up into the toilet until he started dry heaving. He felt someone enter the bathroom, gently pushing his bangs back.

“You don’t have to see this.” Beomgyu groaned as he stood up slowly, flushing the toilet.

Soobin chuckled, “Please what are friends for.”

Beomgyu rinsed his mouth in the sink, taking the new toothbrush Soobin gave him and brushed his teeth, cleaning his face and stared at his reflection in the mirror.

He looked like shit.

“Do you even remember what happened last night?” Soobin asked him, leaning against the doorway.

Beomgyu could only remember flashes of memories, him downing drinks after drinks, making out with Taehyun, going to the washroom and flushing red as he realised, they had sex in the cubicle. After that the memories were fuzzy, he remembered Taehyun helping him get out of the pub, but that was all.

“Not really.” Beomgyu shrugged, wincing as his head throbbed.

"You both were all over each other throughout the party." Soobin said, looking at him and observing his body language.

"It was the alcohol." Beomgyu groaned, feeling like throwing up again. He was never going to drink again.

"Beomgyu, what is going on between you two? Did you talk to him?"

Beomgyu lowered his gaze, not wanting to tell Soobin that the past two weeks had made their relationship tumble, had become a mess where one person developed feelings while the other seemed like he just did not care.

“I thought Taehyun would have taken me home.” Beomgyu said after a while, ignoring Soobin's question.

“Well… he really wanted to. He was not happy, but I insisted on it, you just wouldn’t stop mumbling.”

Beomgyu gasped in horror, staring at Soobin through the mirror, “Did I say anything to him?”

Soobin did not answer for a while, hesitating nervously as he crossed his arms in front of him, “You kind of held on to his hand and said you lied about your answer, that you can’t do meaningless sex anymore.”

Beomgyu groaned as he turned, “What else did I say?”

Soobin sighed as he contemplated whether he should tell Beomgyu or not, “You said you caught feelings.”

"Why didn't you stop me?" Beomgyu asked, feeling the blood drain from his body as he moved towards the door, pushing Soobin aside as he went to grab his phone.

"I tried! But you just would't stop mumbling." Soobin argued, turning and following Beomgyu.

“What are you doing?” Soobin asked him as Beomgyu picked up his phone angrily.

“I am going to tell him I was joking, and I was not serious, and sex is the only thing I want. I was drunk and I didn't know what I was saying.”

“Beomgyu…that is a lie.”

“Fuck you, Soobin hyung, it's not.” Beomgyu shouted, his voice panicky as he hurriedly unlocked his phone, and scrolled until he reached Taehyun’s contact.

He felt a strong hand on his and his phone was grabbed away.

“Beomgyu you have to stop this.” Soobin slowly spoke, trying to understand what was happening to his best friend.

“You don’t know him hyung, I scared him away.” Beomgyu whispered, trying to snatch his phone back.

“Beomgyu…I am going to ask you this once more, do you like him?” Soobin asked gently, holding onto his hand.

“I fucking don’t!” Beomgyu’s voice broke and he could not help the tears that came to his eyes and Soobin pulled him into a hug, holding him tight.

“I need him.” Beomgyu whispered; his voice broken, the tears streaking his face. “I am scared by the thought of how badly I actually need him.” He was sobbing right now at the thought that Taehyun would never contact him again, “I am so sorry, hyung, I am a mess.” He stuttered out a messy apology.

“Beomgyu.” His best friend finally spoke, pulling away from the hug but holding onto his shoulders firmly and looking into his teary eyes, “Please, listen to me.”

“You should not do this to yourself anymore. I told you to talk out with him, but you clearly did not and you are getting hurt, you are allowing yourself to get hurt. I am watching my best friend, hurt himself over and over again and I don't even know how to help him, I can’t let you do this while I sit and watch.” Beomgyu’s eyes turned downcast and Soobin felt his heart break. “Please, stop letting him do whatever he wants to you. It was time he knew you had feelings for him Beomie,” Soobin finished, exhaling slowly.

“I don’t have feelings for him. I don’t do feelings.” Beomgyu mumbled weakly, muffling back the sobs but he knew Soobin could tell he was lying.

“It is going to be okay.” Soobin reassured him, hugging him again, tightly. He gave his phone to him, “I trust that you would listen to me and would not text him all that.”

“I won’t.” Beomgyu sighed, deciding that Soobin was right. He was allowing himself to get hurt.

Like Beomgyu predicted, Taehyun did not text at all for a whole week. Not a single message nor a sound from him. Beomgyu could not help but check his phone every time a notification pinged, to check if it was from the younger man but nothing. He missed him, greatly so but he kept his promise to Soobin. There were times his fingers typed out a message, but he always ended up deleting them last minute.

A week passed by and there was suddenly a message from Taehyun in the group chat.

Taehyun: Hey there is a work event next Saturday that I was supposed to attend, do you all want to join?

Beomgyu did not want to go. Taehyun probably did not want him there otherwise he would have texted him, separately.

Just then his phone pinged again.

Taehyun: Please come to the party.

Taehyun had texted him privately. It was scary how it seemed like the younger man could always read his thoughts. Beomgyu thought about it for a while, it was nothing special as Taehyun was calling the entire group. It was not going to do them any harm anyways.

Beomgyu: Okay.

Beomgyu lowered his head, feeling the suppressed cries wrecking his lungs.

I miss you. I need you. I love you.

short update compared to the previous chapters hehe but please don't hate Taehyun! <3

...and Soogyu are just best friends, nothing more :)