Chapter 5⚠

The next morning Beomgyu woke up to the smell of pancakes wafting into the room. He checked his phone from the bedside table, it was still quite early, and he had more than an hour to spare before heading off to work. Stretching his joints, he got up, heading to the bathroom. He saw a new toothbrush already lying there by the basin, and some clothes hanging by the door left there by Taehyun. He quickly brushed his teeth, took a quick shower before changing into the clothes. He was starting to love the feel of Taehyun’s clothes on his skin, the fragrance so familiar and comforting. Heading out in search of the kitchen, he found Taehyun flipping some pancakes on a pan. The sight was so domestic, and it stirred something up from the depths of his stomach. Swallowing nervously, he sat by the highchair at the counter, the sound of the chair dragging across the floor making Taehyun turn back.

Taehyun threw him a blinding smile before going back to his pan.

“Don’t get too used to this.” He said, his tone teasing. “I am not going to cook every day.”

Beomgyu hummed before replying, “I don’t want to get poisoned by you anyways.”

“Hey. I make the best pancakes in the world.”

“Yeonjun hyung would argue with you on that.” Beomgyu joked around.

He was getting too used to this friendly banter between them, the awkwardness that was once there, dissipating around them.

Turning around, Taehyun set a plate on his table, with a stack of pancakes, placing a cup of coffee by it.

He sat across the table from Beomgyu with his own plate and coffee.

“Don’t you have work too?” Beomgyu asked him, taking a sip from his cup, letting the bitter notes of the drink wash over him.

“Yeah, but I can go any time I want.” Taehyun replied, picking at the pancakes.

Ah… to be privileged.

Beomgyu hummed in reply and silence wafted around them as they finished eating. Taehyun did make amazing pancakes, this man was so good at everything that Beomgyu was no longer surprised.

Taehyun cleared the dishes once they were done, putting them in the dishwasher.

“I can give you a ride if you want?” He asked, wiping his hands with a dishtowel.

“No, it is okay.” Beomgyu replied, washing his hands. “I drove here.”

“I will be heading out now.” Beomgyu looked up at Taehyun, lowering his eyes, thinking about what to say.

“Um. Thank you, for last night.” Beomgyu muttered weakly, his voice a mere whisper. “And thanks for the clothes. I will return them once I wash them.”

Taehyun chortled, putting this dishtowel down, “Don’t thank me, I had fun.” He said as he took a few steps towards him, closing the distance between them.

“Besides, you could keep my clothes, might come in handy if you ever miss me.” He winked.

A shiver went down his spine, and he shuddered involuntary at Taehyun’s deep voice, pulling out a smirk from the man.

Beomgyu turned, heading towards the door, as Taehyun followed him, opening it for him. Beomgyu slipped his shoes on, sensing the man’s eyes racking all over his form as he did so. He looked up once he tied his laces, looking straight into those eyes.

“So, I will see you again?” Beomgyu asked, realizing this was like the first time they had sex, except the situation was reversed.

“So now it is no longer a bad idea?” Taehyun asked, but he was smiling at him, a bit teasingly and Beomgyu smacked him lightly on his arm.