12

I watched Jaylen as I sat in the passenger seat. She really was stressing herself out about tonight. And for what? She sounds perfect.. and she looks perfect. My eyes traced her jawline. Then her long natural lashes. She smelled so good. Everybody's perfume and colognes was mixing in the car but I know hers.

She was wearing a beige graphic tee, some white jeans, and some beige and white forces. The outfit might not work on somebody else but on her it looked so clean, and sexy.

"This is my songgg! Turn it up!" Lola said from the back. She was taking Snapchat's and selfies in the backseat while Mean was leaning against the door scrolling on her phone.

I really don't understand Mean. How does she expect to keep a girl like that? She's always been so dismissive. At first I mistook it for her being mysterious, and giving 'bad boy' vibes but now she just seems disconnected and careless.

Like bruh, anybody could still your bitch... I could steal your bitch. Do I want to? No.

Jaylen turned up the music for Lola and I grabbed her hand when she set it back down.

"Chill, okay? Everybody's gonna love you"

She smiled a little. "I knowww, you right I'm just ughhhh, I'm just nervous but imma shake that shit. I'm good"

We pulled up to the club and we all stared out the window at the line. The line waiting to get in was so long. There were fems, studs, gay dudes, straight dudes... I could only imagine how it already looked in the inside.

We parked around back since we came in with Jaylen.

We all got out and went in through the back entrance.

"Jay!.. I was scared you bailed on me!" The club owner said as soon as we walked in.

She smiled "you know I had to make a fashionably late entrance."

"That you did. Let's get you set up, we need to get your mic, and make sure everything's good with sound production... you sent over the music right?"

Oddly enough Jaylen was stressing all the way here but now she seemed calm. She just smiled as the lady rambled.

"Could I get a drink?" She asked after patiently waiting for her to stop.

"For you? A whole bottle. Whatever you want. I've NEVER sold this many tickets. What you drinking?"

"Let me get some Henney"

"Of course."

"And you three will need these" she said shoving lanyards into my hand. "Mike! Mike.. stamp her friends for me will you?" She asked frantically leaving the room.

"That pill kicking in ain't it?" Mean smirked asking Jaylen.

I stared over at her. "What pill?.."

"Chill, I just gave her a molly. She was all jittery and shit, I'm helping."

"Ooo, you brought more right?" Lola chimed in quickly.

"Hell yea." Mean said handing her one and holding one out for me.

"Just know... if you take it you gonna be up all night"

I took it from her but I didn't take it. I was lowkey scared. I've never popped a pill before.. Jaylen's the one who introduced me to smoking.