17

The three of us sat in the living room quietly, not sure where to start.

Lola sat on the couch across from us with her fingers laced in her lap.

"So.. you invited yourself over, what do you have to say?" I asked her.

She gave me a look. "I've been very transparent. I don't know how much clearer I could be. I already said I'd like to seek a relationship with both of you. Clearly things aren't working with me and Mean. I'm planning on breaking up with him soon. I'm not saying I want to rush into a relationship.. I guess I just want the option to date... and see if we could potentially be more."

"I've been looking into polyamory" I said. When I said it I could feel Jaylen's eyes on me. "I can't say from one night of research I know how everything works.. but I can say I think I identify with it. I understand how it could be a thing, and I'm interested."

We both looked at Jaylen, she was sitting back on the couch with her arm loosely around me.

She sat up when she realized we were waiting for her to say something

"Aight." She said before clearing her throat. "I don't know.. I don't know how I feel."

I sucked my teeth. I could feel my eyes roll.

"What?" She groaned

"We're being serious Jaylen. Every time we asked for your input it's always an 'I don't know' the decision involves both of us. But I feel like I'm the only person ever giving any input."

"Maybe that's because I'm happy in my relationship." She shrugged. "I'm happy with one person. I'm not looking for anybody else."

"So you don't want to be with me?" Lola asked.

"Not really." She answered honestly. "I mean, the sex is nice.. I don't know maybe something will change.. but right now I'm not interested in another girlfriend.. am I completely against y'all dating? No. But that don't necessarily mean I want to be a part of it. I just want to make sure you understand that that's my girl.. at the end of the day she's coming home to me. I'm just trying to make sure she's happy.. and she don't got to want for nothing." She said looking at Lola.

"Okay, I respect that." Lola responded. "I get it, not everybody is open to these kind of things. You're allowed to state your boundaries. I don't want to make you uncomfortable or do anything you feel is shady.."

"Okay, well I don't think y'all should even be getting involved until you break up with my brother. Even then, if i call, Kya needs to answer. I don't care what y'all are doing... I come first. And I need to know when y'all are going out or whatever, don't just call yourself coming over and picking up my girl..That's it I guess. I'm not trying to be controlling or no shit just remember she's my girl first and will continue to be my girl."

"Understood." Lola responded.

It was nice that everybody  could get together and finally share their feelings and concerns. I was tired of wondering and questioning, not knowing what's what.

After the conversation we chilled like normal, we all smoked together. Me and Lola made a few tiktoks, and we even got Jaylen to join one of them. I posted the one with the three of us on my page.

Lola left after that. I watched Jaylen pick up a bottle through my peripheral vision. I wanted to be annoyed or say something but she's been doing really good and it's the weekend she deserves a drink.

"Jaylen!" I giggled as she literally picked me up off the couch out of nowhere. I witnessed her take a good few sips before. I'm sure she's feeling it now.