Progress

He had met Shino in his exchange semester in London, he had already made a business deal with him that it still held, and if his memory didn't fail him, he was a graduate of the university that he had suggested to Tenten. It was almost as elite as the one he had graduated from, with the difference that it was inside the city. The man told him that he would try to schedule an appointment with the principal who happened to be a friend of his father, but he couldn't do more than that, he thanked him at once and they talked a little about future projects, with the Hyūga in the city they could think about trying to ally with him, or at least not hinder each other.

He was about to leave the office when he got the message, the appointment was for the next day in the morning so he told his secretary at once that he wouldn't attend those hours, to please schedule the babysitter, and then he went home. Tenten just nodded with the news, and was ready very punctual, she wore a spring dress that reminded her of the one she had on the day they had found out Ryuu was on his way, plus heels that made her slightly taller, and gave her a much more elegant touch.

They arrived early for the appointment and the principal attended to them at once, showing them the facilities where there were students everywhere as they were in class. It was a man who clearly enjoyed talking about the prestige of the institution and all the important people who had passed through there, obviously recognized his last name, and knew who his mother was although they weren't very close, hence he was a little surprised that they chose that campus over his progenitor's alma mater.

"Don't take it wrong, I also love my alma mater," he said with a smile, "but I must admit that it is far away and my wife doesn't want to waste so many hours in transportation, it can be exhausting and we have a son," Tenten next to him didn't say anything, she just walked holding his hand.

"Sure, sure," the tour ended with them in the huge office of the man, "it will be a pleasure to make a pre-admission, and leave everything ready at once for your wife to start next semester."

"Is there any chance that she will be accepted to start now?"

"That..."

"We missed the enrollment date, but she wants to start as soon as possible."

"I'm sorry Mr. and Mrs. Inuzuka, but it's not possible," the principal made a sign before he tried to make another agreement, "I don't think you are aware that in order to ensure the excellence of our students, all new students must take a two-week course before starting the semester."

"My wife is brilliant, one of the best students in her class."

"I don't doubt it, but she'd be almost two months behind in the program."

"What do you say, sweetie? Do you want to get the pre-admission done?" Surely the principal thought the brunette had no tongue, but at least she nodded, "thank you very much for your time," he thanked him once the forms were filled out and wrote down in his pocket notebook the pending documents to be mailed.

"With pleasure, it will be a delight to know that we will have an Inuzuka with us," they shook hands as a farewell, "and I hope in a few years you will also consider us as an option for your son."

He didn't answer that directly, he just said thank you again before getting into the car. His mother wouldn't care much where Tenten studied as long as it was an acceptable place, but Ryuu was something completely different, and she would surely pull teeth and nails to make him go to the other university. But well, that was several years away so one step at a time.

"Sweetie... can we talk?" All the way the mutism had been preserved, and they were already in front of the house.

"I gave up the divorce, I'm not going to leave, and apparently I won't be able to study either. What else do you want from me Kiba?" he saw her take off her wedding ring to throw it in her purse.