Chapter 20,"Sort Things Out."

Kokichi sat there in disbelief.He didnt know what to do.This was all new to him.For some reason,he felt butterflies in his stomach as he came to the realization...that he confessed to Shuichi.

When did that happen?It was like someone implanted a fake memory in his head....but it felt real.

"So...I really....did forget..."

Kokichi mutters to himself.The confession was all he could remember,nothing else came to him.Even the confession memory was alittle hazy.

Suddenly,he then heard footsteps walking up the stairs towards where he was.He jumps to his feet and tries to calm his expression.

The person who came up was Kaede?
She was surprised to see Kokichi up here.

"Ouma-Kun?Did you hear that crashing sound?"

Kaede looks around.She heard the locket shatter and thought it was something else.

Kokichi didnt reply to her.He felt so...betrayed.Why didnt Kaede tell him what was going on?

He quickly runs past Kaede and heads downstairs.Kaede was obviously confused but couldnt just run after him.

Kokichi needed a place to clear his head.A place where his classmates wouldnt go near.There's no where like that though...right?

There was the Exisal Hangar in the Cyber Courtyard but...that could be dangerous.Someone told him it was dangerous from before...he just...couldnt remember who.

Kokichi just shrugs and decides to go to the Exisal Hangar anyway.If he cant get in,he'll just linger around the Cyber Courtyard.

Before that,he had to do something with his broke locket.He didnt want to keep it around in case he hurt himself with the broken shards.

He just decides to put he locket pieces on the dining table in the dining hall,after checking if the dining hall was empty.

After he that,he set off for the Cyber Courtyard.There were alot of things he had to rearrange and organize in his head but there was one thing set in stone...everyone was lying.

He was so busy thinking,he didnt even realize he was already in the Cyber Courtyard around the time he checked his surroundings.All this information was hurting his brain.Soon enough,his brain will forget how to breathe so he could fit in all the information he got.

As he was walking towards the Exisal Hangar,he heard talking nearby.
He peaked around the corner to see Kaito and Maki there.They were having a normal conversation.
Kokichi got abit upset.Is everyone all over the place??

"Hey you twoo~!"

Kokichi smiles as he walks up to the two,he had a weird pit in his stomach like he wanted to cry.So much was going on.He tried to smile so no one would ask whats wrong.

"Hey Ouma!What are you doing here?"

Kaito waves,he seemed genuinely happy to see Kokichi,so did Maki?

"I was just walking about~!"

Kokichi grins.

"Hey Ouma.Where is that necklace you always have?"

Maki points out.Kokichi pauses.The pit in his stomach got abit bigger.He didnt know what to say.He was never the type to suddenly cry,so he held it in.

"I t-think I lost it."

He tried to mask his quivering voice or they'd be able to tell he was on the verge of tears.

"You okay,man?You sound weird."

Kaito comments.

"Are you making fun of my voice??"