Chapter 7,"Being Alone With You Isnt....Bad."

"You dont n-need to apologize Ouma-Kun!"

Shuichi laughs nervously.

"No...its okay.I made a mistake."

Kokichi shrugs slightly.
His face seemed abit reddened from embarrassment,but he lowered his head so it was hard to tell.

"Well...there's no use crying about it now.Lets get the ladder so we can start the reading day off."

Rantaro smiles warmly,petting Kokichi on the head,gently running his fingers through his hair.

"H-Hey.I told you to stop that."

Kokichi complains but doesnt move an inch.

"Oh.Im sorry!I forgot."

Rantaro laughs nervously.

Amami-Kun pet Ouma-Kun before?How close are these two?

Shuichi thought to himself.
He quickly looks to floor to avert his gaze from the two.
He felt...powerless?

Shuichi decided not to stand there and watch them.
He quickly walks to the other side of the library and begins to move the ladder towards the shelf Kokichi said he wanted to inspect.
Its was lighter than he thought.

Shuichi felt abit irritated since this morning.He didnt know why.
Nothing big happened to make him upset.

While Shuichi was moving the ladder,he saw a book on the ground where his next step should be.
Confused and not wanting to trip,Shuichi rests the ladder on a shelf nearby and picks up the book infront of his feet.

Books on the floor were common in this untidy library.
The book cover was layered with dust.
Alittle curious of the book's contents,Shuichi dusts off the book cover to properly reveal the title.
Dust scatters in the air around Shuichi,eventually getting into his breathing pattern and interupting it.

Shuichi began to cough,it was quiet since he placed his hand over his mouth to muffle the sound but that didnt do much in a quiet library.

When the dust cleared and Shuichi could breathe again,he looks over to where Rantaro and Kokichi were standing.They were still there,fooling around...well,more like Rantaro was fooling around.

Shuichi rolls his eyes.
He quickly looks down at the book cover he just revealed.
The title surprised him.

Broken Love,Broken Trust
By ////////

The author's name was scratched away.
Blood rushes to Shuichi's face because of the title,like...it related to him or something.

What the hell is wrong with me...?

Shuichi thought to himself.
He felt like putting the book safely back in a shelf but....he also wanted to read it.
So he placed it on a relatively empty shelf to rest there until he was done.

"Hey Tantei."

A sudden greeting by a monotone voice almost made Shuichi jump out of his skin in surprise.
Shuichi reflexively backs up abit.

"K-Kokichi---!!!I meant Ouma-Kun!"

Shuichi panicks.
Kokichi looked confused at Shuichi's reaction.

"What's wrong?"

Kokichi asks.

"Y-You...startled me."

Shuichi blushes slightly,embarassed that he overreacted.
Kokichi was holding a very thick dictionary which seemed very heavy too.

Shuichi looks over to where Kokichi and Rantaro were and Rantaro was missing,it seemed he was kneeling behind the medium sized book case turned vertically towards the bigger bookshelves.