Chapter 9

I walked into the parlor with a worn out expression. I laid back on the couch, staring at the floor. This had been too much. Six were killed in the beginning, then three more. I don't know whether  to count Shizuka for the first ones killed or second. I don't know anymore!

I then felt someone sit next to me. I looked to see Anna. 

" Anna." 
" Isabel onee-chan, will we be okay?" 
" I..." I just kept my mouth shut. How could I explain this to her? She may have been only twelve, but she just needed some hope now. 

" We'll be okay Anna. Don't worry." I smiled. After a while, none of us spoke nor moved. We all were still thinking about how 4 people had died right under our noses. There was no noise from the television, so it was uncomfortable in here. Anna kept moving around in her seat as she continued to sit next to me. Jamie then sighed and stood up, leaving the room. Uncle Yoshiya stopped her and whispered something to her and then left. 

" Where are they going?" I muttered.

" Bathroom," Jason said as he leaned onto the couch. 
" How can she go to the bathroom at a time like this?" 
" Jamie is the kind of person to stand out in things you know. She doesn't care if it's uncomfortable, she'll still go." I sighed and held my head in my hands. 

I don't know how long it's been since Jamie and Uncle Yoshiya had been gone, but it must have been a while since Aunt Jessica was talking to Aunt Natsuhi about finding them. 

" They have been gone for a while," I said as I stood up. Jason nodded. Ami then grabbed his hand. 

" Is big sister alright?" she asked. If Jamie and Uncle Yoshiya had died at this moment, Ami and Jason wouldn't be the same. I can't imagine what life would be without Daiki nor my parents. 

" Arguing isn't gonna get us anywhere. We should just look for them and see if they're alright. No harm done in looking," I said. Aunt Natsuhi sighed and stood up, with the gun clenched in her hands. Since when did she have it? I didn't remember her getting one.

" Alright, if you're that worried we'll go." She sounded like she was annoyed of us asking her if we could go and look for them. Did she hate Uncle Yoshiya or was it Jamie?

A couple of us only decided to come and look while the rest stayed. In our group it was me, Jason, Aunt Jessica, Aunt Sayo, Uncle George, and Dad. Since Angela was still young, we told her to stay. Of course, she protested and Jimmy then stayed with her.

We walked the dark halls looking for Jamie and Uncle Yoshiya. I have to admit, the halls looked scarier than before. It would give me nightmares. I stayed close to Jason so that I wouldn't get lost. Though, I kept bumping into him, making him annoyed easily.

" Hey! Quit it!" he hissed. 

" I can't help that I can't see right now!" 

" Then get your eyes checked or something!" I was about to say something back when I tripped over something. I fell flat on my face, causing everyone to look at me. 

" Ouch." 
" Did you trip over your feet Isabel?" Dad asked. 

" No, it felt like something was on the floor. Does anyone have a flashlight?" I asked. Jason fished out his mini flashlight that was in his pocket. He handed it to me and I turned it on. It was pretty bright for a little thing. I shined it down the hall. At first, I couldn't see anything that would have made me trip, but then I found something. Was it a shoe? The rug? No, it was someone's leg. I moved the flashlight further up, shining on their socks. They were black thigh socks. I recognized those!