Chapter 23

" My older sister was part of a rebel group?" Ami stood up and shook her head. "No, that can't be true. Jamie was never like that, she always cared about others and made sure that no one was ever hurt."

" In school, she wasn't like that," Kasumi muttered. " Did you know that she was bullied? That group was the only thing that made her happy."

" Shut up!"

Kasumi flinched once Ami snapped. The young teenager grabbed her black hair out of frustration and some tears streaming down her face. " She was never like that," Ami muttered. " Jamie was always kind. She might have been annoyed of our grandparents sometimes, but she never wanted to cause destruction."

" Jamie was very different outside of all that. You don't understand what she went through, you were only her younger sister."

" Jason was also there!"

" Jason knew about this."

" What do you mean he knew about all this?"

Kasumi patted the empty spot next to her, " Take a seat and I will tell you." Ami listened to her and sat down next to Kasumi. She wasn't sure that she should trust this woman any longer.

" Tell me," she demanded. Kasumi nodded and thought hard to the past.

Her and Jamie leaned against the wall, waiting for their friends finish spray painting the wall. Once they were finished, one of their friends laughed. " I can't believe they can't find us," she said. The boy next to her nodded as he finished his.

" Jamie, are you sure your brother won't know you're here?" he asked.

" Please, Jason isn't the kind of person to get in other's business." The girl scoffed and pointed behind her and Kasumi. Jason was standing there with a shocked expression, but it quickly turned to anger.

" Jamie, what the hell are you doing here?" he asked. He walked over and tugged her arm. " You need to come home now. Mom and Dad are waiting for you to return."

" Why? Did you tell them that I wasn't in school?"

" The school called them and asked," he replied. " They said that you weren't in school and you needed to excuse yourself." Kasumi propped herself off the wall and frowned at Jason.

" Leave her alone. She picked where she wanted to stay."

" She belongs with us," Jason told her. He tugged his younger sister along. " Jamie, let's go."

" No!" She pulled her arm away from her brother. " Can't you see how happy I am here?"

" School is the place to be happy. There are better friends there."

" People who bully here?" the girl questioned. " If you're her brother, then you should notice these things." Jason scoffed and grabbed his sister's arm once more. " We're leaving."

" No we're not!" The boy put himself between the siblings.

" How about leave her alone."

" And how about I push you out of the way." Jason pushed him, but it earned him a punch in the jaw. He backed away, holding his jaw. That didn't stop him from running into the boy and punching him back. Jamie tried to break the two of them apart, but she was easily pushed aside. The boy grabbed Jason's waist and slammed him into the ground. He landed on his back, hitting his head. The boy started punching him back, but Jason bumped his head into his. The girl pulled them apart, holding the boy back while Jamie held Jason back.