Chapter 16

Umineko Ost: Red Dread
Picture of Jason, Ami, and Jamie for Halloween and their birthday

I couldn't move my legs anymore. The graphic incident of seeing our own parents made me want to vomit. As everyone else was brought back by our grandparents, I examined my parents' bodies. My mother's stomach was neatly cut open as her intestines fell onto the floor. The same as my father. I covered my mouth as I felt a familiar acid rising. The same went for everyone else that was there; Aunt Sayo, Jessica, Uncle George and Yoshiya. Each of their bodies had bruises forming. It was disgusting.

" Mom! Dad!" I heard Daiki screamed. He sounded like he was in pain. I could hear the small cries of Angela and Jamie. I was now glad that the children hadn't come, unless more chaos would appear.

" Isabella!" I heard my grandfather shout. " Leave, we'll contact the police about these murders, but for right now leave. Please, for your father and mother's sake." I swallowed and clenched my fists. Like I could erase the imagine of their deaths. It was already burned deep within my mind, not wanting to disappear.

As the others were harshly pushed, I glanced back at the bodies. It was like they were sleeping, but it was ruined by something, or someone.

~

Of course, the news spread to the younger kids who were waiting for us. The parlor became filled with cries and whimpers. The one who I watched the most was Ami. Her jet black hair stuck to her forehead as she cried heavily with Jamie and Jason by her side. I couldn't imagine what it feels like to lose someone at a young age, and that someone you've been with for your whole life. Sure, I've argued with my parents multiply times, but never had I thought about what it would be like if they weren't here.
Now, inside my heart it felt like loneliness and I would never get back the people who cared about me the most.

~

Some of our grandparents left the parlor and checked the bodies again. The ones behind were Aunt Maria, Rosa, Krauss, and Natsuhi. I alone, was sitting on the couch in the corner. Everyone else was spread out, crying until nothing was left or were thinking of another way to entertain the younger ones. Anna already took that job and tried to make everything better, but the younger kids just sat down looking down at their laps in thought. Anna, now realizing that it's useless, she sat down on the ground, becoming like the kids.

" You can't sit here forever," Jason said. I sighed. " I wish I can. Every time I think about our parents, that disgusting imagine pops in my mind." I looked up at him. " How can you get over it so easily?"

He shrugged. " Pain isn't all I have been through," he replied and left me on the couch once more. The door was opened about five minutes later. Everyone else came back and sat down.

" It's terrible," my grandmother admitted. " Their stomachs took a clean cut and the bruises look like from a struggle that they had with the killer."

" A clean cut?" Krauss repeated. " Is that is possible?" My grandmother nodded.
" But the real question is: who is hell would kill our parents?" Daiki demanded. " I will find that person and kill them with my own hands."

Jimmy put his hand on Daiki's shoulder. " Revenge isn't the best thing right now. Our parents wouldn't want us to revenge their death."

" Then what the hell do you suppose we do?" Jason asked. " Our parents were killed and you think we're going to sit here and allow the killer to strike again?!"

The room was quiet except for Ami's soft whimpers. She had covered her ears tightly to avoid hearing the condition of her parents--I wouldn't blame her either. I don't even want to hear any of this anymore than she does.

" Calm down Jason," Jamie spoke. " Fighting isn't gonna get you anywhere."

Jason scoffed. " You're always calm in a situation. I don't understand you at all."

" Jamie nee-chan is always calm when times are tough," Mari said. She then placed a smile on her face, but we all knew that was fake.  I put my hand on Jason's shoulder. Not even a second, he violently shook it off. 

" Jason.." 

" Leave me alone." 

I sighed. " So, what's the plan grandma? We have to find a way to leave the island right? Why don't we just contact the police or something?" 

" That's the thing,we can't leave the island without the boat. And since the storm occurred, we won't have a chance to leave," she explained. 

" What? You said we can't leave?" Daiki asked. " Then what are we gonna do? If we can't leave, then that means we can't contact the police."
My grandmother shook her head sadly. Daiki scoffed. 

" Just great, the same person who killed our parents is on the island." 

Angela then stood up. " Daiki, we can find other things to do until the storm passes. The most important thing to do is not be alone." 

" Who died and made you leader?" Jason asked. Angela ignored his remark and continued. 

" How about it Grandma? We have to stay in one place if that's the case." Eva looked at Natsuhi. She then agreed with Angela's explanation. 

That's what did the whole time. Stayed in one place that was the safest for us to be right now. 

~

I sat down in the chair thinking over what happened. I couldn't remove their death from my mind. I felt my eyes get moist and the tears streaming down my face. 

" It's okay to cry." I looked up to find Jamie, who seemed quite upset. I quickly wiped away the tears and I looked at her. 

" I'm not cry," I muttered. " I'm just upset is all." 

" Upset, meaning crying?" she asked with her arms folded across her chest. 

" What do you want?" I asked, wanting to get to the point of her coming over here. " I thought we don't talk to each other?" 

Jamie frowned. " Honestly, you're quite stupid. I was hoping to have a normal conversation with you, but you can't even do something like that." 

" Stupid huh? No wonder I don't talk to you. You're still as rude as ever." 

" What do you mean by that?" I shook my head. I didn't have the energy to be arguing with her right now.

" Just forget about it Jamie," I muttered. " I don't feel like arguing with you right now." 

She sighed. " You really lost the will to do anything. It seems like you don't have a soul anymore," she muttered. 

I nodded. I didn't even feel alive anymore. It felt like everything was sucked out of me the moment I saw my parents.