Chapter 12

This is my drawing of Jamie Ushiromiya at the top. It's from my Tumblr.
--------------------------------------------------
I was always confused with Jamie since the day I met her. Yeah, she was quiet and only spoke when she was spoken to, but I only wanted her to come out of her shell. Not make her cry even harder than before.

I remembered Jason yelling at me and it scaring me, but I wanted to help her. Was I wrong?

I woke up in my bed with sweat surrounding my body. Was that a dream? It felt like only little bits of my memory. I sat up and breathed heavily. Anna slept beside me, sleeping silently. Had she really not noticed what happened? I sighed and wiped my forehead. We were going to Rockkenjima early tomorrow morning. I knew I wasn't going to get any sleep right now. I decided to lie awake until Hana burst into my room.

" Uncle Battler said to wake up!" she shouted. Anna's eyes snapped open and immediately turned into a sleepy glare.

" What the heck Hana."
" Time to wake up!" she shouted again. I covered my ears and sighed.

" Hana, don't yell so loud. Some people still want to sleep before they have to wake up and pack everything downstairs." She giggled.

" Sorry about that Isabel nee-chan." Anna hopped out of bed and groaned.
" Can I sleep on the plane?" Anna asked. I shrugged. I had no idea honestly. Dad could be crying and she wouldn't get any sleep.

I grabbed my clothes from when I set from last night and went into the bathroom. I was already nervous about seeing Jamie again. She might have changed more than before. I quickly got changed and headed downstairs, where everyone was gathering their things. Dad was the first one to notice me.

" Ah, you're up." I nodded.

" By the way Aunt Ange, Hana and Anna are arguing upstairs."
" Again? About what?"
" Hana shouted when she was still asleep, things like that."
" So, the usual?" I flinched as a voice came behind me. I turned to see Daiki. He was holding his suitcase in his hand and his backpack was on his back. I sighed.

" It will be a while then," my grandfather said as he checked his watch. " The cab will be here soon."
" Have you two packed what you needed?" Mom asked. Both Daiki and I nodded. I only had a couple of clothes and my nightgown. Daiki probably had some books of something around that.

" I'm excited to see Jamie and Jason again," Daiki said as he set his suitcase down. " We haven't seen them in a while."

" Don't you have Jason's phone number, or Jamie?" Daiki shook his head.
" Only Jamie, but not Jason. You and him are kinda close since you two hung out the last time." I shrugged.
" You two seem more than cousins, more like brother and sister." I smiled gently.
" You're my only brother. I don't think anyone else could replace you." Daiki grinned and looked away. He wasn't the kind of person to do eye contact for a while. He always seemed a little bit nervous when he looks away.

Anna and Hana then came down the stairs, with Anna covering her ears from Hana trying to annoy her. I chuckled.

" Good, you're here," my grandmother said. Anna shrugged.
" Can I sleep on the plane Mom?" Anna asked. Aunt Ange smiled lightly as she fixed Anna's bow.
" Sure, you won't be able to sleep with the younger kids there." Anna yawned as I grabbed Mom's suitcase.

" I can take it Isabel," Mom said. I shook my head.
" No, I got it." My grandfather then opened the door.
" Alright, the cab is here. Hurry it up."

                                                                                   -----------------

We were waiting at the airport for everyone else to arrive.