Chapter 1: Introductions

As the boat docked in Rockkenjima, I jumped off the boat. I stretched from the long, but well worth it trip. 

" Man, I hate riding on boats for too long!" I complained. My name is Isabella Ushiromiya, my friends call me Isabel for short. Almost every year, my family and I have to go to this family conference all the way to Rockkenjima. It's a pain sometimes if you ask me. 

" You're always so noisy." I turned to see my twin brother, Daiki. While Daiki inherited my dad's red hair, I gotten my mother's golden hair. 

" What do you mean by noisy? If I remember correctly, you were the one who was holding onto me crying ' I'm gonna fall!' I mocked him. By your personalities, I bet you're wondering which one of us is older? Surprise, it's me. 

" Shut up!" Daiki shouted.

" Are you teasing Daiki-kun?" From the boat, my cousins, Angela, Jimmy, and their younger brother, Adam, joined us on the deck. 

Unlike me, who had long straight golden hair, Angela had curly light brown hair, that went to her neck only and dull blue eyes. To top if off, she had worn a snowy dress. Both Jimmy and Adam had dark brown hair, but black eyes. 

" I can tease him if I want to! He's my younger brother after all!" Angela giggled. 

" You may be older, but you must be kind Isabel-chan," Angela scowled. I huffed. 

" You're too mature, Angela." Out of us older kids, Jimmy was the oldest, being 19, while Daiki and I came next, then my two other cousins, then Angela. She's too mature for a 13 year old!

" Isabel onee-chan! Daiki onii-chan!" I heard two voices chorus. I turned to see my other younger cousins, Mari and Hana. 

Mari is seven years old while Hana was nine. Hana has two older siblings named Ana and Hibiki, who aren't really my cousins. My Aunt Ange had adopted them at a young age and Mari belonged to my Aunt Maria. 

 While Mari had the same light hair and violet eyes as her mother, Hana, along with her older sister looked like Aunt Ange, even though they're not blood related. Hana had auburn hair and blue eyes. She wore her hair in an odango style while she wore a white blouse and a long light blue skirt. Mari wore a western pink and black dress, which she had gotten from Aunt Maria. Her hair was in a small ponytail with a beautiful pink ribbon.

" Aww! I love your outfit Mari," Angela said making Mari blush. 

" Thank you." Mari smiled. Angela then patted her head. 

" Good job on saying thank you. As a reward, you get some candy."  I then saw Angela take out the candy from her dress pocket. Mari gladly took the candy, unwrapped it, and put it in her mouth. 

" Did you get it from the airport?" I asked. Angela nodded. 

" My grandmother had given me a couple of yen to get something." 
" Your grandmother is really kind," I said while she smiled nervously. 

" Hey Isabel!" Dad shouted, following behind him was Mom, Aunt Ange, along with Ana and Hibiki. 

" What's up Dad?" 
" Don't leave the boat like that, you two Daiki." 
" Sorry," We both said. Honestly, even though we're eighteen, he still treats us like were ten again.  Everyone else then joined us on the dock, preparing to go to the mansion.

 I then heard running footsteps coming towards us. I looked in the distance to see a girl who was about five years old. She wore a white collar shirt with a red tie, a purple vest, and a purple skirt. She had her black hair in two pigtails, bouncing with every step she took.