Chapter 21

The young girl gasped as someone shook her violently. She looked over at the cab driver, who looked annoyed.

" Kid, quit your snoring," he told her. 

" Ah, I'm sorry. I didn't know I had fallen asleep." 

" I can tell. It seems unusal for those two to give one of their own away. Do you know why they did such a thing?" 

Ami opened her mouth to respond, but quickly shut it. Should I tell him the truth? He seems like he has a good relationship with the leaders, she thought. The young girl sighed. " I don't know. They just say something strange and said that I had to leave." 
On the inside, she felt guilty. Lying wasn't one of the things she was good at, but it seemed the cab driver took it. 

" I see, something must have happened." 

" And what would that be sir? Do you think you can tell me?" 
The cab driver sighed, scratching his beard lightly. " I don't want to scare ya. You're a little girl after all." 

Ami frowned and crossed her arms above her chest. " Trust me, I've been through more than just scary stories." 

The cab driver laughed. " Aren't we a bold one. Alright, but you have to not get scared." 

" Humor me." 

" Well, I heard of a group that looks through this town finding heirs and commanding their family to give them the money for their child back."

" How long has this been going on?" Ami asked. She thought this group might have a connection to her families' murders. 

" I don't know kid. Three or fours years. Though, long enough to be known in this town." When he stopped the car at the light, he turned to Ami. " Why do you want to know? Do you have something to share with them?" 

" No, that's not it. Just something that happened a long time ago, but I want revenge for what they did." The cab driver examined her anger state, and sighed. 

" You're Ami Ushiromiya. The last one of the Ushiromiya family and the twelfth heir, if I'm not mistaken."  

" How do you know about my family and status?" she demanded. 

" Calm yourself, I knew a couple of kids that got washed ashore to that island where your family goes for conferences. I think you know them, Miyako and Shizuka." 

Before the light turned green, Ami put the man in a headlock and held him against the window. " What do you know about them? Are they the ones who killed my family?!" The cab driver chocked for air as she questioned him. Finally, he was able to slap her hands away and drive the car before he angered anyone else.

The young girl sulked back into her seat, but keep her eyes on the man. If she was stronger, then she could have killed the man, without showing him any mercy. 
The cab driver coughed to clear to throat before speaking in a hoarse voice, " You're strong for a little girl. I never thought one would put me in a headlock like that. Where did you learn that?" 

" My grandfather," she answered. Ami looked down at her hands and sighed. She remembered the day when Jason and Jamie were taught self-defense. She sat on the steps amused of how her older sister took down her brother with ease. " All I want is for everything to be in rewind. I could never forget that day." 

" I see, you don't have to be so depressing little girl. I know what you're feeling, but sometimes you have to keep going." 

" Keeping going? But for what? Everything I had is gone now, because of some greedy person." She clenched her fists, feeling her fingernails digging into her palms. " Revenge is what I want, but I don't even know if the culprit is still alive."