Chapter 26

As my mother used to say, status doesn't come between love. It didn't shock anyone when I talked about Jamie and Hideki, however there was still uneasiness when she decides to tell her parents. Angela, on the other hand, didn't think that through since she started squealing. Jimmy had to calm her down before turning to me. " Are you sure about this Isabel? You were always the one who usually lied in order to get something interesting around here." 

" I was younger then," I said. 

" Also, we saw them," Daiki added. "They both seemed happy as they walked through the gardens together." 

" Poor Natsuhi," I muttered. Jason had told me that's his parents love was almost forbidden. The poor woman would have another heart attack if she found out about something like this. 

" All we have to do is not get this secret out," Jimmy concluded. " If the others find out, they might have to break apart from each other. Even worse, Hideki might get transferred somewhere else." 

" Please, like our parents would have something to do with it. You remember your mother and their father were servants once, before they were married and they served this very family. They wouldn't forbid their children from doing the same thing." 

" And your our parents' romance is mystery," Jimmy muttered. Before I could answer, Jimmy quickly shook his head as if he regretted saying something like that. " No, forget what I said. Plus, we have another person to keep this from. Jason is another one. He won't let anyone near his baby sisters." 

" You're right." 

" What now then? Forget we had this conversation?" Daiki asked. 

" That is the best solution," he said. Jimmy turned to Angela, " and that means you can not squeal whenever you see them together. We must keep this a secret from Grandmother and the others. The younger kids wouldn't be able to understand such a thing and ask about it." 

" Sounds like a plan," I said. 

~

That was the only time I had seen the two of them together since that day. Either they were meeting each other in secret or they weren't dating at all, to which Angela didn't believe. After lunch, we headed to the beach where the younger kids ran around in the water. 

" It's nice not to be in that stuffy mansion," I said, leaning back on the blanket. " Our grandparents are uptight about everything but our parents seemed to be relaxed in their rooms." 

" They're not old," Daiki pointed out. 

" Our parents have other things to worry about than gold," Jason said. " They have us to take care of. Ami and the others are not teenagers like us, so they tend to worry about them more than money." 

" That's a good thing," Jamie said. 

As they talked, I watched as the kids splashed each other with water, getting their clothes wet. Sadly, their parents would be upset about their appearances. As if he was reading my mind, Daiki stood from the blanket and walked over to the water. 

" Come now, don't get your clothes wet. Your parents would be upset." 

" Mama and Papa don't mind," Ami replied, continuing to splash Mari and Ana. " After all, if Jason and Jamie get their clothes wet, they don't get mad." 

" Perhaps it's because they're teenagers," he replied. 

" But that's not fair." 

" Well, when you become a teenager, maybe your parents would allow you to do such things. Though, for now please don't get your things wet. That goes the same for the rest of you."