Chapter 15

It was about five minutes later when Shizuka came out of the bathroom. 
" You look better," Miyako said. Shizuka scoffed and looked the other way. 

She reminded me of Jamie sometimes with the way she acted. Miyako skipped over to her sister and whispered something in her ear, though it didn't sound pleasant. Shizuka then looked at us with a terrified look on her face. 

" T-thank you for the clothes," she stuttered.

Jason waved his hand. " You really don't have to thank us. There's no need." He then looked at his watch. " Hey, dinner should be starting soon. We should get going." I nodded.

                                                                     ~

Dinner wasn't the best that it could be. Apparently, Shizuka had found a letter that was beside her during the time when she was asleep. Our grandparents had made an argument about the letter and went to go talk about it. I couldn't believe that they would yell at each other when guests are over as well as the younger ones witnessing it.

Shizuka had started to cry afterwards with her older sister comforting her. I wanted to yell. I wanted to tell her to stop crying. Somehow I managed to keep that in.

" What are we gonna do now?" Jason asked me. I shrugged. Dad sighed. " We should join the others then. They might tell us to come join them later on."
" You're right about that," Uncle George said. They all waved to us once they left in the parlor.

" Alright then," Daiki said. " We should get to the guest room and play some card games."
" Just so that you could win?" Jimmy asked. Daiki chuckled. " Well, Jimmy you know I'm better at playing games then you are. I beat you at racing." 

" That was because you tripped me on the pavement and ran ahead," Jimmy reminded him. I chuckled. I had remembered that day clearly. Daiki had challenged Jimmy to a race when we were younger. He wanted to race to the mansion. Before Jimmy could run about halfway, Daiki had tripped him, making him skin his chin on the pavement. The poor boy had cried with Aunt Sayo comforting him. 

Daiki chuckled nervously. " Yea, sorry about that." Jimmy rolled his eyes. " I can tell that you're just saying that." I slapped my hand onto Daiki's back. " Good going Daiki. You hurt Jimmy and lied right to his face right now. You need an award or something," I joked. 

He violently shook my hand off his back and glared at me. I put my hands up in defense. " Hey, don't get mad at me. It was a joke." 

" By the way you said it, that certainly wasn't a joke." 

                                                                              ~

We all walked back to the guest house with the rain pouring down on the umbrellas that we were using. Thinking it would be fun, I watched as Ami had jumped on Jamie's back when they were walking. Though, in return she fell in a puddle getting her outfit wet. She sighed in frustration and walked away. 
When we arrived in the guest house, Ami tried her best to make Jamie feel better, but she was just as gloomy as the rain. 
Jason had given some clean pair of clothes. " Cheer up," he told her. " At least your hair didn't get all dirty." 
Jamie glared at him and snatched the clothes from him and walked into the bathroom that was along the hallway.

" What is wrong with her?" I asked him. Jason crossed his arms. " She doesn't like being embarrassed like that. She doesn't like being the center of attention when it comes to everyone," he explained. 

" Ami is clearly the opposite of her," I said, eyeing the little girl who was jumping on the bed. Jason smirked. " What about you? Do you like being the center of attention?" I shrugged. I guess I could relate to Jamie in some way. Daiki liked attention sometimes, as well do I.