Chapter 2

The beach was the best part out of this whole trip. While Angela, Jimmy, Jamie, Jason, and I (along with our parents) were sitting in the sand. Daiki, Ami, Ana, Hibiki, Adam, and Mari were playing in the water. 

" He acts like a kid sometimes," I said. 

" Maybe it's just in his nature to play with kids, no matter his age. Even Ami is turning six tomorrow," Aunt Sayo said. 

" I didn't know that." Angela pointed to Jamie.
" Even Jamie-san. She's turning fourteen." 
" That's right! I forgot your birthday is tomorrow. Happy early Birthday." Jamie looked at me for a second, then she looked the other way. I'm pretty sure my blood vessel popped out. 

" There's a word called 'thank you'," I muttered angrily. Jason put his hand on my shoulder to calm me down. 

" Sorry Isabel, she's like this sometimes." 

" I don't remember her being this dull," I thought bitterly. I continued to watch Daiki chase Ami around in the sand, while the five year old squealed of excitement. Before Daiki could pick her up, Ami went beside Uncle Yoshiya. I smiled. 

" She's a loud and crass girl, unlike this morning," I thought. I looked at Jamie once more, her expression still didn't change. I waved my hand in front of her to get her attention. Sure enough, it worked. She flinched and looked at me.  She had bags under her eyes. 

" Are you tired or something?" Jamie's expression changed from solemn to anger, though she hid it well. 

" I'm fine." Her bangs covered her anger in her eyes, though for my point of view, I can clearly see the anger in her eyes. 

" What's your problem?" I growled. " You always seem angry." Jamie completely ignored me. She stood up and started to walk back. Jason nudged me.

" Hey!" He hissed. 

" Isabel," My Aunt Jessica scowled. Aunt Jessica and I could be sisters, compared to our personalities and appearances. 

" She started it," I muttered. 

" Quit acting like a child," Mom scowled me. I pouted and crossed my arms. 

" Like I said, she started it," I whispeared. Suddenly, I felt the wind pick up. 

" Huh? A storm?" Dad started to clean up along with the others. 

" Yea, it will be a while," Mom said. 

" Alright let's go."