Chapter 11

Meta-World

I opened my eyes gently. Wasn't I suppose to be dead? I was shot in the stomach.

" Glad you're awake, Isabella." I looked up to see a girl around to see a girl around Angela's age. She had long purple hair and solemn purple eyes. Her dress was a lolita black and white dress along with white stockings and black mary jane shoes. She was simply drinking her tea.

" Who are you?"

" My name is Bernkastel."

" You mean, the witch?" She nodded. " I'm glad you could join us Isabella." I scoffed.

" Don't call me by that name again. My name is Isabel and don't you forget it."

" And it seems you've forgotten that you're talking to a witch. Watch your mouth little girl." I rolled my eyes.

" Would you like some tea? It's jasmine." She used her magic for the tea to float in front of me. I slapped it away, causing the tea to spill on the floor.

" I don't want your tea. Tell me how to get back to my family." Bernkastel chuckled softly.

" What's so funny?"

" The fact that you think you're family is still alive. They're dead." I stood up in my chair, causing it to fall backwards.

" They're not dead! My family was alive when I was dying!"

" How ignorant are you? I killed your family." I felt my face getting hot. She was lying!

" You little bitch," I muttered.

" You shouldn't insult a witch like that. Also, your language is not for a lady. I hopped that you would fix it by now."

" What do you mean? Have you been watching me?" She nodded.

" I've been watching this game play out for a while. Humans are stupid creatures."

" This isn't a game! You killed people, human beings!"

" I'm positive of that. Don't yell too loud or I'll turn you into a frog." Her face didn't look so innocent like it did before. She had a angry look on her face, it almost seemed like she could make me freeze in this spot.

" Also, there's no way you could have committed those crimes. You look like you've been here for an eternity." Bernkastel chuckled.

" I did those crimes. Can you prove that a human did something like that?" I nodded.

" In the garden shed, they could have been put on sleeping pills and then killed instantly." Bernkastel shook her head.

" That's impossible, that many people killed in a short amount of time. And think of Eva, Hideyoshi, and Miyako, they're were killed in a short amount of time as well." I felt a lump in my throat. I couldn't think of anything to counter her argument.

" Maybe, Miyako killed Aunt Eva and Uncle Hideyoshi before she went to her room and committed suicide," I explained. " Then when the servants went to go-"

" But there a a chain lock and there's no way that Miyako could have killed them," Bernkastel interrupted me.She continued to drink her tea, listening to see if I would say something back.

" Then, what about Uncle Yoshiya and Jamie? Uncle was missing when we got there an Jamie was killed from her asthma. Can you say anything about that?"

" Jamie was killed when Yoshiya was being controlled by me. I then killed him and sent his body somewhere." I grabbed my hair in frustration. What else was she gonna throw at me?

" There's no way I'm gonna believe that you're a witch. You're just a little girl!" She chuckled.

" Then, why don't we have another game and see if your little hints can solve the crime. Let's do this, Isabel!"