↳34. Live From New York!

A while back, probably in their first several months of being together, Valentina and Pete found out that they went to the same therapist when he had asked his then-girlfriend to meet him at the office building so they could walk home together

A while back, probably in their first several months of being together, Valentina and Pete found out that they went to the same therapist when he had asked his then-girlfriend to meet him at the office building so they could walk home together. What are the odds of that? And lucky for them, Dr. Macintyre also specializes in couples therapy and they have been going to sessions since they got back to New York. 

They were able to address every little nuisance and detail of their five-year relationship with their therapist acting as a mediator. When things would get heated and voices began to raise, the practicing doctor would re-group and have them focus on what compelled them to be so aggressive, in a civil manner. They were able to actually discuss the issues they experienced and how they could've done better to address it instead of withholding the truth.

It was ultimately freeing to get everything off their chest and to start over because, they wanted to be at a point where what came before them won't count anymore or matter. 

And since that night in Arizona, the two have been attached to the hip.

Inseparable, and surprisingly enough, inconspicuous.

Not only did they masterly hid their relationship not only from the press, but also from their friends and family as well.

But let's be honest, these two knew all too well that they couldn't pull the wool over the eyes of their friends and family. They did so, stealthily, until the comedian and ballerina slipped up and held hands when they thought no one was looking. It just then became an unspoken thing that a close group of them knew and just rolled along with it. 

It's not that they didn't want people to know. The two wanted to enjoy the privacy that they had, a luxury that they took for granted before.

They also wanted to see where this was even going. Even though they wanted to start their whole relationship over, what did that exactly mean?

Because, quite remarkably, they had just picked up where they last left off. There wasn't any physical interaction unless you count the hand holding and the hugging and the cuddling, or even the soft cooing.

But they weren't officially back together.

It's been twenty-seven days and they've only talked about their expectations and desires of one another, but the topic of labels remained untouched.

In the past, the two would have freaked out at what they are doing. Now, they could care less about it. They're twice as strong as they were before and that's enough for them.

However, everything changed when Pete had asked Val to accompany him to his tattoo appointment.

He's been wanting to get a new one since his release from rehab. A celebratory tattoo to mark his perseverance and resiliency.

The parlor was empty, something Pete had his assistant ensure before arriving. He didn't want anyone else to be there but Valentina.

The ballerina slowly walks around the room, looking at the art and decorations the establishment proudly displayed. She looks over at the comedian who was finalizing the details of the drawing which will soon be inked on his body. His hair is now back to its natural color, thanks to the help of box dye they picked up at a drug store.