↳11. Sunday in the Park

"How many people in New York City are having an orgasm right now?"

Pete choked on the blueberry he was munching on. A family passed by when Valentina posed the question, the parents glared right at them. Plucking a blueberry from the baggie that they both shared together, she simply smiled at them whereas Pete felt consumed by the embarrassment.

Currently, Pete and Valentina were spending the day at Central Park. It was Pete's idea, a way to celebrate Valentina's recent doctor's appointment. The doctor reported that her ankle was healing much faster than anticipated. She'd been cleared to walk only if she wore a brace, and she could start physical therapy soon. So, Pete packed a picnic basket, picked her up, and drove to the park despite how much he hated driving in the city.

But for his ballerina, he would do anything.

In front of them was a beautiful arrangement of Valentina's favorite fruits, vegetables, salad, sandwiches, and pan dulce. The girl was touched by the comedian's action, she was happy everything was normal between them again and hoped that Pete would make a move again. She scrutinized every action that he made--- the anticipation was killing her.

Popping the blueberry in her mouth, Valentina snickered at his face turning red, "Embarrassed of me?"

"Pffft! Nah, just taken aback. I wouldn't have ever thought that you would say something like that," Pete replied, "You're so sweet and innocent."

"I am an only child Pete, I had to entertain myself somehow."

"I would've loved to have met you when you were a kid then."

"No, you wouldn't!" she exclaimed, "You would most likely be the one who would pull on my braids and make fun of me."

"You're absolutely fucking wrong! I would be the one beating up those kids."

"With what muscle Pete? You can barely lift a milk jug, I can hardly believe that you as a little kid would be able to throw a punch," Val teased.

He clutched at his heart, "You hurt me," a mischievous look came across his face, "Besides Val, if you truly believe that I would be the one picking on you, then you know what they say: when a boy teases a girl, it means he likes her."

Now Valentina turned hot and pink, her stomach in knots. She attempted to discretely fan herself as Pete beamed with pride for coming up with such a clever comeback.

Thinking that she was put on the spotlight long enough, he changed the conversation, "So, what else would you do when you were bored?"

"I would make up a lot of games. Oh! Like this one I used to play this game a lot back then with someone else. We called it 'The Penis Game,'" she revealed.

"How- why-, what?"

"I'll demonstrate," Valentina cleared her throat, "Penis. Your turn, just say penis but louder."