thank you

words can't describe what i am feeling rn.

i started this book in the cusp of quarantine. i was required to go in-office for my job which was  categorized as an essential business. on top of that, i had family emergencies and unfortunately lost some of my family members. later, i started the semester and was enrolled in seven classes. needless to say, i was going through a lot of shit.

i don't know what to say other than this story saved my life. there were so many times that i felt my mental health deteriorating and on the brink of destruction, but i kept coming back to this book where it provided me with an escape from everything i was going through.

like val, i was stuck in my life. stuck at the same job where i never moved up, stuck. as others that i know are already achieving their goals.

i wanted to write this to express that it's okay to be stuck even though it can be super frustrating. while it's important to work on yourself, just know that there are ppl in your life (whether you know it or not) that are helping you grow. as you evolve and experience, you'll come to realize that others. i also wanted to make it as realistic as possible. many of the problems that val and pete went through are inspired by friends and family. they would come to me telling me their issues and asking for advice.

i want to take this time to thank UnKnownWriter0011 , EnchantingAmora   , bellaaksnes  for your enouragement and kindness. you all have had a great impact on my life; everytime you left a comment, voted, or DM'd me, i was beyond elated and eternally grateful to have such sweet supporters like you. you are one of the reasons that i kept going with val and pete's story.

but it doesn't mean that i'm gonna stop. i do have another story published called hide and seek, be sure to check that out. i have another that has been sitting in my unpublished for months, if y'all are interested in that. and who knows, maybe i'll write a sequel to the last five years?

again, thank you sm. i love you all 💕

make sure you drink plenty of water and that you stay safe. if you are able to, get your vaccine and then your booster. i've lost ppl i loved and i don't want you or your loved ones to go through that.

- deb