↳35. Hear Them Chime!

"In other news, today is a big day here in state forty-eight

"In other news, today is a big day here in state forty-eight."

"That's right, Kaley. Arizona-native, Valentina Perez, moved to New York at the age of fifteen to follow her dream of becoming the first Latina principal dancer at the American Ballet Theatre. Now, she gets to achieve another dream of hers: marrying the love of her life."

"It's the event of the century for the City of Scottsdale. In less than six hours, Arizona's sweetheart will be tying the knot to Pete Davidson, well-known for his work on Saturday Night Live."

"April, what is the weather looking like for this couple's special day?"

"Well Javier, it looks like it's gonna be a high of seventy-five degrees this morning and it won't be until ten a.m. that we'll see the temperature start to heat up to a hundred and three, our first triple-digit for the summer. My advice for the Davidsons would be to put on sunscreen and drink plenty of water."

"On behalf of Arizona's family here at KTVK-3, we congratulate Valentina and Pete and wish them the best."

Christian finishes up making breakfast as the TV anchors continue to chitchat about the wedding among themselves.

Lucas is sipping on his first cup of coffee, the steam escaping from the mug and fogging up his glasses. The tan-skinned man looks over to his husband and smiles at the sight of Christian trying to roll the crepe he's cooking without tearing it.

Sounds of frustration escape from the taller man, he was not successful.

Quickly, the crepe was drying out and starting to brown at the edges.

Pitying him, Lucas sets his coffee down on the counter and takes over the role of chef. He manages to salvage the remnants of the thin pancake, placing the broken pieces on a plate. He chuckles at the look of defeat on his partner's face and kisses him on his nose.

Reaching for the bowl of batter, Lucas prepares another batch of the pastry, "Why don't you go and wake up our daughter? I'll take care of this."

The pan sizzles as he pours the remaining amount of the mixture. Christian leaves the kitchen and walks through the house, agreeing that he should go do that.

He's never been a good cook.

The older Perez knocks on the wooden door, still covered with stickers from her youth.

No response.

Opening the door, he sees his child curled up in a mountain of pillows and blankets, her light snoring indicating that she's in a deep sleep. He sits down on the bed next to her and lightly nudges her until she opened her eyes.

Blinking several times, the sunlight greets her vision and momentarily blinds her.

For a second, Valentina didn't recognize the room she's in. It's clearly not the shared apartment of her and her husband's. She rubs her eyes and sees her father next to her. Groaning, she grabs the pillow next to her and shields herself from the world.