↳32. Breathe

They both look out of the plane window to see fields of green mixed with desert sand

They both look out of the plane window to see fields of green mixed with desert sand. It's bright and sunny, a classic characteristic of the state. The view down below looked so peaceful and calm, unlike the Big Apple.

It's been nearly a decade since she last been here and it's still the same as she remembers it. Valentina had followed Pete out to Arizona after his therapist recommended that he attend rehab. Their therapist spoke highly of the facility down south in Tucson, guaranteeing that Pete would be under great care and there is no need to worry. And so, he booked the next flight out to the valley and packed his bags.

At first, there was a huge argument between the two of them. Pete arguing that she stays in New York and focus on the new promotion she had received. An offended Valentina lost her shit- to hell with that idea! So, after yelling at him in both English and Spanish, she bought her plane ticket and went to look for a suitcase that she hadn't seen since she was fifteen.

Valentina explained the situation to the director, telling him and the company that a family member of hers had fallen ill. She needed to go back home and take care of them for the time being.

Though she has waited a long time to get to the point of her career that she's at right now, that's the least of her worries. She can make her debut another time- no matter what, Pete will always come first.

The dancer whips out her phone and shoots a text to Matty, notifying him of their descent. The pianist relieved that they made it safely, messages back about his scheduled flight out and that they would see each other soon.

Walking side-by-side each other as they disembark the plane, Valentina and Pete hid among the mass of passengers either getting off or waiting for their flight. They didn't want to bring attention to themselves, not after what happened a few weeks ago. Ever since then, the paparazzi were on their trail twenty-four seven. The ballerina couldn't even make a decent grocery run without being harassed by a group of them.

They did their best remain in the background, keeping their heads low and obscuring their faces to the best of their ability.

Christian and Lucas stood right outside their gate, holding a small sign that displayed the fake surnames the comedian and their daughter chose. They're both a bit jittery and tense but that could be from the coffee they chugged before leaving the airport. Once they spotted a mess of curly hair and platinum blond hair, the two men ran to Valentina and hugged her tightly.

Their baby girl was home after so many years.

They also embraced Pete, with no awkwardness between them. The three of them were able to keep a positive relationship, even long after their daughter had called it quits. Quickly, Christian and Lucas rummage through their bag where they pull out some sunglasses and hats, helping them to be as incognito as possible. They exchange pleasantries and inquire about the four-hour flight until they reached the winding carousel. Gathering their luggage, the two visitors waited for their ride to come around to pick them up.