18

"You both should rest." Legolas said to the two siblings as the king marched away. Diana sent him a glare. "There's still so much work to be done and-" Legolas cut her off "Aragorn has barely had sleep since the battle and you refused to sleep or tend to your arm."

"Exactly which is why-" This time Aragorn was cut off. "Which is why I'll heal her while you sleep." "But-" the two siblings started at the same time. "Even an hour to regain your strength will benefit you greatly."

The siblings exchanged weary glances before she sighed and nodded, the four of them splitting of in different directions. Legolas grabbed her hand and led her down varies hallways until they finally reached a small bedroom.

There he led her to the bed and she sat down on it. She closed her eyes as he tended to her arm and before long he was finished. She looked down at her arm which was bandaged and sent a grateful smile to the elf.

"Thank you." she said as he sat down next to her. "For what?" he asked as she fell back against the pillows. "For being here for me, taking care of me." she responded. She stared into his blue eyes and they both leaned toward each other.

Finally their lips came together, Legolas's hands in her hair, hers around his neck. They finally parted for breath and Legolas smiled down at her before placing his lips on her forehead. "Now sleep." he whispered as her eyes fluttered shut, her head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around her and she soundly slept, falling asleep to his heartbeat.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soon enough Legolas woke her up and the two made their way to the armory, hand in hand. She tried to keep her spirits up as she saw the villagers who would soon be soldiers for that night. Most of them were old men, past their prime, deserving a restful end, not the one they were about to endure.

My heart broke as I saw the young boys. Some looked to be about eight, looking so frightened. My smile fell as I thought of the fate they deserved, they should be occupied with thoughts of family and friends. Not war. Not death.

Legolas and Diana made their ways to Aragorn and Gimli. "Farmers, farriers, stable boys." Aragorn sighed as he put a sword back. "These are no soldiers."

"Most have seen too many winters." Gimli mumbled. "Or too few." Legolas added sadly. "We cannot ask them to fight, especially the young boys." I sighed as I watched the younger boys try to fit in their armor. Legolas squeezed my hand.

"Look at them. They're frightened." Legolas observed. "I can see it in their eyes."

All chattering stopped as the villagers regarded what Legolas had said.

"And they should be." Legolas spoke in Elvish so that most of the villagers wouldn't understand him. "Three hundred. Against ten thousand!" 

Aragorn sighed and decided to use elvish as well. "The have more hope of defending themselves here then they do at Edoras."

"Aragorn, they cannot win this fight! They are all going to die!" Legolas said solemnly.

"Then I shall die as one of them!" Aragorn yelled in the common tongue. It wasn't subtle anymore and some of the villagers eyes flashed with fear.

Aragorn turned and stormed out of the room. Legolas made to follow him, but Gimli grabbed his arm. "Let him go lad. Let him be." he sighed.

I sighed and made my way out of the room. Before I knew it, I had made my ways to the stables. I found Moonlight's stall. I went inside and sat down, tears starting to slowly make it's ways down my face.

I was lost in my thoughts, my head on my knees when I suddenly felt arms envelop me. "Why are you crying, love?" Legolas asked softly. I looked up at him before looking down again. "I don't like it when you and Aragorn fight." I replied quietly. 

He chuckled softly before placing his lips on her forehead. "I'm sorry. I was just down, looking at all of the villagers." he explained before standing up his hand held out. "I was going to go apologize after I found you. Would you like to come with me?" he asked and in answer, she stood up and linked hands with him.

I had put on my armor before we left the bedroom so I, along with Legolas was fully ready for battle. Legolas came forward and handed Aragorn his sword, just as he turned to put it on his belt.

"We have trusted you this far, you have not led us astray." Legolas sighed. "Forgive me, I was wrong to despair." "There is nothing to forgive, Legolas." Aragorn replied, grabbing Legolas's shoulder.

It was then that Gimli came into the room. He was holding up some chain-mail around his stomach.

"We had time I get this adjusted." Gimli grumbled letting it fall to the floor and I held in a laugh, as Aragorn and Legolas gave him amused glances. "It's a little tight across the chest." he added, to which she let out a silvery laugh making Aragorn and Legolas exchange smiles.

Suddenly we heard something, a horn of sorts, but not a Orc horn.

"That is no Orc horn." Legolas stated. Aragorn ran out of the room and we all followed him to find the source.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We made our way to the entrance hall and hurried down the steps. There, we saw a whole army of Lothlorien elves all cloaked and kitted with bows and arrows marching into the Keep.

Haldir stood in front of them, talking with King Theoden. "An alliance once existed between Elves and Men. Long ago we fought and died together." He noticed us then, turning to us. "We come to honor that allegiance."

Aragorn descended the stairs first, pulling Haldir into a awkward hug. Aragorn let him go "You are most welcome." he said. Haldir was the one that pulled me into a hug. "The lady Galadriel, sends her regards. Also, I was right." he whispered into my ear before releasing her, Diana blushing.

She stood off to the side as Legolas and Haldir did their elvish greeting, before Legolas joined my side, him grinning as the elven archers turned to Theoden.

Their movements were all in sink, the better part of centuries of practice all shown off to the Rohan soldiers who all gawked at the majesty of the elves.

"We are proud to fight alongside men once more." Haldir explained.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As they took their positions alongside the wall, Haldir came up next to Diana, who was holding Legolas's hand.

"When do you want the arrows?" she asked, sighing heavily.

"You can save them until after the battle. It's going to be a long night." he answered, to which the two got a confused look from Legolas.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you did feel free to comment and vote! Have a great rest of your day!