Final (Khai/Third)

Author's note: The last part of Khai/Third miniseries. It's longer than I planned, but who cares. 🤷‍♀️😂

Khai settled everything for his and Third's first date. He was thankful for Two's and Bone's help, even though they made sure he suffered as much as possible through the process. 

On the day of the date, Khai woke up early. He dressed up in his best clothes, making his hair presentable, not minding Third wouldn't even know. He stepped outside his apartment, driving off in his father's car. The process he had to go through for it was worth it. Khai stopped by the flower shop, picking up a puget he ordered beforehand. White camellias, Third, of course, wouldn't know how they look like, or what colour they are. But Khai could always tell him. 

He hopped inside the car, driving to Third's place, ignoring his phone ringing.  The annoying device didn't stop making noise, forcing him to park at the nearest available parking lot. 

"What?!" He barked in the speaker. 

"Hey, Khai. Third can't make it today." Two spoke up, concern evident in his voice. At that moment, Khai's world stopped. His hands were trembling his breathing was shaky as well. 

"He woke up and wasn't feeling well. He has a slight fever and sneezing all the time." Two explained. 

"Hey, Khai? Are you there?" Two asked the unresponsive man. 

"Third is sorry. He was looking forward to it."  

"I am coming over. Do you need anything?" Khai finally snapped out of the trance. 

Half an hour later, he was standing in front of the Two's flat with hands full impatiently waiting for the door to open. 

"You are here? Come inside." Two stepped to the side, letting Khai enter. 

"How's he?"

"Look for yourself." Two pointed to the closed door. Khai nodded, leaving the flowers, medicine and porridge in Two's hands. He carefully opened the door, peeking through the crack. Third was curled under the covers, sneezing here and there, looking cute and pitiful at the same time. Khai tiptoed back to the kitchen, pouring porridge in the bowel and placing it on the tray along with the cold medicine. 

"I will take care of him. Go and enjoy the match." Khai whispered to his friend.

"You, sure? He can be a handful." 

"I am." Khai nodded. 

"Two?" Third called for his friend in a whiny manner. 

"I am going out, your babysitter arrived. Be a good boy and listen to him." Two yells as he quickly disappeared from the house. Khai chuckled, shaking his head as he made his way inside the Third's room. 

"Two? What babysitter?" The boy cried out from under the duvet, trying to sit up. 

"If you don't want me here, I can go away," Khai spoke up, placing the tray on the bedside table. 

"Khai?" Third's head turned to the side. 

"It's me."

"Why are you here." Third asked, whimpering. 

"You know, I had a date with this adorable boy today. But he got sick and cancelled it. I am a stubborn man, though, and come to claim my date with him." Khai grinned, climbing into the bed. He carefully pulled Third in the sitting position, letting his back leaning against his chest. 

It wasn't an ideal, perfect date he had planned, but the final result was what counts. And having Third in his arms was the best thing that could happen.