Fail (Khai/Third)

Author's note: Continuation from Math. I planned a sad ending at first, but my romantic side didn't let me. 😂

Never in his life, Khai felt this lost. He failed in many things. And understanding his friend was one of them. The crumpled piece of paper hidden in his pocket didn't leave his mind for hours. He knew it must have a deeper meaning since Third was the one who wrote it. Khai arrived home, finding out his friend wasn't back. He peeked in his bedroom, frowning. Third's laptop was on with some files open. As he entered the silent room, he spotted his backpack open with his wallet missing. He probably went out. Khai curiously glanced at the notebook, reading a few lines that catches his attention. His hardworking Third must be writing a new script. 

"Not always 1+1 equal 2." The girl said.

"What do you mean?" The boy seated opposite her scowled in confusion.

"I can't tell you." The girl lowered her head. 

"Please." The boy begged, taking her pale hand in his. She couldn't look into his eyes, but the gesture made her brave enough to speak. 

"You are my best friend, yet I want to be more." She whispered. 

Khai unknowingly reached for the paper in his pocket, pulling it out. He was looking at it and then at the dialogue on the monitor, slowly realizing the meaning. 

"Khai?" The worried voice startled him. He turned around, facing his best friend. 

"Did you read it?" Third's voice cracked, the tears forming in his beautiful eyes. Khai nodded. 

"Do you understand it?" Third asked again, the tears already slipping down his cheeks. Khai nodded again. 

"It means my feelings are reciprocated," Khai spoke up, pulling the shocked Third to his chest.