Chapter 10

Lana's P.O.V

I wake up groaning, rubbing the grime from my eyes. I reach over to my phone to check the time. 10:38. I stretch and sit up, moving my shoulders about to get the stiffness out of them. That's probably the worst thing about sleeping on the sofa, it wrecks your shoulders, even if you do have pillows under you.

Grumbling to myself, I get up and walk to the bathroom. I grab a hairbrush and pull it through my hair, gritting my teeth as it comes into contact with all of the knots.

I change from my pyjamas into some jeans and a t-shirt and then pull some socks on my feet and lace up my converse. I grab my phone and check twitter to find that I have 250,000 followers! My mouth drops open and I scroll through all the tweets I've received.

@Lana_Tomlinson You and Louis make a perfect couple! #LaLou

That's probably the most common tweet and I also noticed that #LaLou was trending and I clicked on the link to see various pictures of Louis and I doing normal everyday things. like going down to the shop for chocolate and stuff. There was also all the pictures of

I sigh to myself and start to add a new tweet.

Hate mornings :/ and now gonna be late for work because SOMEBODY didn't wake me up... :P

I add the tweet and immediately get responses but I ignore them and lock my phone, walking out into the main living room and spying Louis in the kitchen.

"Hey." He says, sipping a cup of tea.

"Hey." I reply, monotonously not even looking him in the eyes. I don't want to, and can you blame me? I bet his eyes are full of pity, and if there's one thing I just can't stand...it's pity.

"Where are you going?" He asks as I shrug on my coat.

"Work." I reply, still not looking at him. I feel his gaze on my back as I head for the door but I just ignore it and keep walking.

"Don't you want some breakfast?" He calls, as I walk out of the door.

"Not hungry." I shut the door just as I finish talking and head to the front of the apartment block, running down the stairs just in case Louis is coming after me.

As I near the door I notice the pouring rain. "Ugh." I groan as I pull my hood up over my head. I hate rain. It's so...wet, I guess. I pull out my phone and text Charlotte.

Tell everybody I'm on my way :) - Lana

New friends and new places to see? x - Charlotte

I grin hugely at her reply and quickly text back.

With grey skies ahead, yes I'm on my way! - Lana

And there's nowhere else that you'd rather be? - Charlotte

This girl. I love her so much. She knows me so well! We only met 1 year ago, when I started working at the animal shelter, but we really got to know each other and now we're like best friends.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"A day apart is too much!" I cry dramatically when I see Charlotte, opening my arms wide and running to her.

"I missed you so much!" She fakes sobs. I play along for a minute but then put on a serious face.

"I need to tell you something." I say.

"You're marrying Louis Tomlinson." She says, bluntly. I feel my mouth form an O-shape and my eyes widen.

"How did you...?" I start, but she cuts me off.