Chapter Thirty-Seven

Danielle

I peeked my head in the front door, looking to make sure Stefania wasn't in the kitchen.
I quickly rushed in, and hid everything for tonight in the cabinet.

"Bambina? Is that you?"
"Yes babe! I brought coffee from your favorite café!"
I grabbed the bag and the coffee carrier and took it to our room.
"You're a God send." Stefania smiled as I handed her a coffee.
"Mmm. I can't believe you remembered my order."

"Always babe." I sat down next to her on the bed, snuggling up to her.
"Do you wanna take Rory to the park today? We could just walk around and show her everything." Stefania asked.
"Actually, I was gonna ask you something." I sat up in bed and faced her. "Stefania, will you go out on a date with me tonight?"

"Oh bella, I'd love to! But, who's going to watch Aurora?"
"Betty already said she would."
"But what about-"

"Babe. Don't worry about anything. Your amazing fiancé already has everything figured out." I cupped her face and gave her a gentle kiss.
"Okay. Okay. Yes, Danielle. I will go on a date with you tonight." Stefania reached over and pulled me onto her lap.
I tangled my fingers in her hair, and deepened the kiss.

We broke the kiss as Rory started crying from her nursery.
"I got her. You don't worry about anything except laying there and being beautiful today." I kissed her forehead, and walked out of our bedroom to grab our daughter.

Betty

"Mom! Mamma! We're back!" I shouted as we walked into the house.
"Hi girls! Did you two have fun on your date last night?" Stefania asked as she walked out of the kitchen. 
"Sì Mamma. We definitely did. Where's my baby sister?"
"She's in her room with your Mom. Why don't you go grab them?"
I nodded and walked to Rory's room.
"Mom?"
"Hey kid. Looks like you had fun last night?" Danielle laughed.
"What?"

Danielle pointed to a spot on her neck and I knew what she was talking about.
"Oh hush. Give me Rory, and go get ready." I walked over and took my baby sister from her arms.
"Okay, okay. Thanks again for doing this. I owe you big time."
"Just go have fun." I waved her off and took Rory back into the living room.

"What's going on?" I asked as I walked up to Kaya and Stefania. Kaya looked uncomfortable.
"Nothing babe. Let me see that cutie." Kaya reached out and I handed Rory to her.

"Mamma, shouldn't you be getting ready?" I asked.
"Sì. Why don't you come help me pick out an outfit."

I followed Stefania into her bedroom, and shut the door behind me.
"What did you say to Kaya?"
"Nothing. I was just telling her the importance of safe sex." Stefania opened the closet.
"Mamma!" I groaned.
"What! I just want to be sure you two are being safe."
"Mamma please. I really like her. I feel safe with her." I walked over and started looking through her clothes.
"I know bambina. I'm a Mamma. It's my job to worry about you."

"Here. Wear this one." I pulled out a short black dress with a slit on the side.