Chapter 12

As Daffy's limbo form slither inside the dark, hollow essence of his memory, he started to claw his way through its shadow barrier that had been clogging up his mind, preventing him from seeing the truth.

Thankfully, when he got closer to it, all of the darkness then suddenly cease away, leaving a peer opening of light in its placeholder, like an exit to at the end of a maze.

Thus, revealing to him, his past self and Bugs hanging out by a window seated booth on a bright, warm, sunny afternoon at the Pizzaribba.

This was the same day where both him and Bugs had an undeniable bondage between them to which, their feelings were clashed into one.

Indicating that their level of love was one of the same.

Mutual and strongly firm, as if nothing could break it.

Not even the whole world, could ever keep them apart.

However Daffy was only able to see this love-connected memory through a sideways view and looked around him to see that he was standing on the sidewalk street that was right next to the restaurant.

This would be the very street where fate had hit him at its worst.

Of course, there was nothing now that he could do about it except to just sit and watch it all roll by like Witch Lezah had advised.

So, he decided to do just that as he took a few seconds to inhale a few deep breaths which helped his mind realized that this was only just a memory.

When he was calm enough, he then looks over at the sun-glared window and allows the fuzzy dialogue between his past self and Bugs to play along.

Their voices carrying on like it was only yesterday.

"I'm telling you Doc, the next time I see that mailman on our lawn, I'm gonna take his packages to the cleaners through an express pass." Bugs halfway complained, while talking in his usual sarcastic tone.

This somewhat caused the poor duck to laugh his heart out on Bugs's hidden, corny joke as a result.

"Haha!" Daffy chuckled, his face turning red from all of the pressures building up from his laughter.

"Oh, so now you think my jokes are funny. Huh?" Bugs asked with a sly, smirk.

"Haha. No, in fact you're horrible at comedy but, I just thought that a good supporting audience would make you a much more confident performer. Heck, for all I know, you could be the next big George Carlin." Daffy empathized in his usual assertive tone.

"Eh, I guess so. Or maybe I'll just hire a clown to do the dirty work for me. I'm sitting next to one right now if you need his number." Bugs said, referring to Daffy, who gave him a disapproving look.

Which obviously meant that he was a least bit offended by his comment.

"Real cute." Daffy pouted, his lips pursed out, irritated.

This caused Bugs to chuckle at him.

He had always loved to tease him for so many years, and it felt good to get a kick out of his small taunts every now and then.

"Haha. No need to get upset about it Doc, I was only kidding with you." Bugs said with a wink, causing Daffy to blush a little and turned away, embarrassed.

"Uh....Y....yeah. I know that." Daffy said as he looks out at the window beside him and sigh.

The present Daffy's form took note that his past self at the time was in deep thought about something totally different while continuing to observe the memory.